Using KPSP without Global, with Socal?

JimmiG

With the sale going on I was thinking about picking up Palm Springs. I don't have any of the FTX Global products, however I do have the Socal region. Will the airport work, even though it says it requires Global? Ie. does the Socal region replicate the FTX Global functionality that the airport needs?

Hi JImmi,

If i remember correct, KPSP was released before SoCal so at the beginning, FTX GLobal was the only requested scenery at that time.

It's obviously not an Orbx statement here, but if that be of any help, i am using KPSP only with SoCAL now, from the FTX central.

We are also waiting for KPSP triple installer. But once again, wait a few hours for some advised opinion.

best

Dom

Hi JimmiG -

I'm not an Orbx employee either but can confirm that I'm using KPSP with SoCal.

The one thing that was strange was that Bermuda Dunes (nearby airport) had grass-covered freeways and I'd experience these strange lockups where FPS would drop to like 2fps when approaching the area from Vegas etc.

I cant find the post at the moment but Jarrad gave some instructions on disabling a few files tied to this scenery and poof! No more issues!

Its a beautiful scenery, easy on frames and a quick flight from LAX, LAS and San Diego - its a steal on sale, I'd go for it! :)

Steve

13 hours ago, JimmiG said:

does the Socal region replicate the FTX Global functionality that the airport needs

SoCal is a fully fat area as JV calls them and this would certainly override any ftx global textures so in theory KPSP will work with just SCA, however if your using P3dv3.2 KPSP needs to be patched/optimised and installer upgraded which might explain why some get the fps drop as you approach, Jarrad is working on it as we speak.

I see, so it should work reasonably well right now, and an update is in the pipeline to improve compatibility and performance. Sounds good enough to justify buying it a the discounted price - if it doesn't work on my system right now, view it as a pre-order :)

Archived