GA Traffic in Cessnok not appearing (or so it seems)

Susto

Last night I bought YCNK and have been playing a bit with the scenery after setting everything up according to the pdf guide.

Aero textures look splendid, countryside and the airport itself are a treat and I get no crashes whatsoever. But I don't get any airport traffic either: no planes taxiing or doing circuits or just passing by, nada!

I set the GA Traffic slider full right (100%) and I have never installed any kind of traffic add-on, not even the freeware available from your site, that could interfere with FSX default behaviour.

As the YCNK manual talks about the lively airport traffic, I'm wondering if there's something I forgot to configure or if this traffic happens at a particular time of day.

Thanks in advance,

Juan Andres

Hi Juan,

please do a small test for us, go to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YCNK\Scenery and look for "Traffic_Cessnock.bgl" when found please move it to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

that should provide the traffic at Cessnock, also after starting fsX it will take a little time, depending on day of the week and time of the day before some AI movement is noticable.

Con un cordial saludo,

Wolter

The most likely causes of AI aircraft not showing are as follows:

A FS2004 traffic file on your FSX system:- The presence of just one FS2004 traffic file will prevent all FSX traffic files from working. Many of the addon developers releasing AI Traffic packages, such as WOAI, still compile them in FS2004 format and while they will all work fine in FSX, they will prevent any FSX compiled traffic files from working.

Adjustments to your default Aircraft config files:- The AI aircraft used on most of the Orbx airports are FSX default aircraft. Any changes made to the Titles or Textures in the config file for these aircraft will mean the AI traffic file will not be able to locate that aircraft.

Report back if you are still unable to see any AI aircraft after checking the above. 

Hi Juan,

please do a small test for us, go to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YCNK\Scenery and look for "Traffic_Cessnock.bgl" when found please move it to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

that should provide the traffic at Cessnock, also after starting fsX it will take a little time, depending on day of the week and time of the day before some AI movement is noticable.

Con un cordial saludo,

Wolter

Problem solved!  :)

I tried to follow your advice, but "Traffic_Cessnock.bgl" was already in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery so there was nothing to do.

I fired FSX up anyway to have a little flight and, surprise: I had two Cessnas taking off on a bright saturday morning, lively traffic indeed!  ;D

I also noticed the new environmental sounds for the first time. I could swear they were not there before, I just didn't report it because traffic was more important to me.

Only thing that changed between then and now is that I had not rebooted the computer after installing YCNK. Maybe something got stuck in Windows 7 and needed rebooting to have the full show going on.

Anyway, count another very happy customer here  ;)

Thanks for the help and the speedy reply.

Saludos,

J.A.

I noticed two problems with the traffic as well: when I followed a Piper Cherokee to the South it flew right into the mountain range without even flinching. And when I tried to fly formation with a Piper Cub in my Scout Decathlon I constantly ended up in a stall because the Cub seemed to be traveling at an unlikely 30 knots or so (my Decathlon gave up at around 50 knots). I know the stall speed of the Cub is 33 knots, but still. She go faster than that and her best climb speed is 48 knots.

Archived