FTX AI Traffic - Change aircraft folder location?

Is it possible to install the AU and NA AI Traffic aircraft to a folder other than the default (Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes)?

I'd like to have them outside the Lockheed Martin folder if possible.

6 minutes ago, h3pilot said:

Is it possible to install the AU and NA AI Traffic aircraft to a folder other than the default (Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes)?

I'd like to have them outside the Lockheed Martin folder if possible.

Once installed you can move the AI aircraft to the folder of your choice, you just have to then edit the path for that entry in the SimObjects.cfg that is located in your "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" folder.

Dave has it 100% correct. P3D V3 allows you to place your AI aircraft in a separate folder within your SimObjects folder. Just let P3D V2 know you have a separate folder as Dave has described.

One word of warning though. I am currently working on a complete update to the FTX AU AI Traffic pack which I hope to release within the next two or three months. If you plan to install this new package or reinstall the current package for any reason, you will need to return those aircraft to the main Airplanes folder or delete them altogether prior to any new installation. Not doing so will result in about 1,700 warning messages advising of duplicate aircraft when starting P3D.

I have all my AI aircraft in a separate 'AI Aircraft' folder as well as separate folders for some of my other aircraft variations. It's great for good housekeeping and helps to keep them isolated in the event of a reinstall of P3D.  

It is also possible to move AI to a separate folder in FSX. That separate folder must be identified  in fsx.cfg along with all the other folders with planes or other objects you want visible among simobjects. 

Sherm

Archived