Steam Edition

Hi all,

I know your all probably sick of this question.  BUT .... I'm about to load up an old computer which is a 32 bit Intel 930 CPU over cocked to 4.2, 4mb Ram, 500gb SSD, GoFlight modules x 5 modules, CH yoke and pedals, TrackIR and all the usual airport add-ons (EZ-Dock, iPad programs, A2A 172, and othe GA aircraft only). No heavies.

I have been reading all l can find on FSX Steam edition against FSX Gold and nothing I can find is recent.  So much is two years old and therefore maybe not as relevet or accurate for today.

So the question is FSX Gold or FSX Steam.  I know how to get the best out of FSX Gold, and know it will work. but l am unsure of FSX Steam as most posts now are old but discuss incompatibilities with some programs but these are dated. Just curious on any current thoughts on programs for Steam in Airport Design, as I am retired and it interests me to get into this field, but am worried about using Steam with ADE, Scenery Objects, Instant Scenery, SBuilderX, etc.  as their is nothing I can find on this with Steam.  And am wondering about iPad apps working with FSX Steam.  The hardest thing is many programs quote FSX compatibility, but don't actually say if that is FSX Steam or just the Gold Delux version.  Like SimAvionic Glass Cockpit, Remote Pilot, OzRunways and othe standard iPad programs.

Any comments, thoughts or experiences about Gold verses Steam as it is today, would be greatly appreciated.  It's the devil you know (FSX) against the newer kid on the block (Steam), and is it just easier staying with the one I know as it is so hard to find recent straight answers from 2016 comparing both.

Thanks again for any thoughts, and experiences you have had.

Anthony

Hello Anthony,

There is really very little difference between FSX Gold and FSX Steam Edition.

A new simconnect.dll and various version changes contrived to make some addon

software incompatible with FSX Steam Edition.

My advice would be to stick with FSX Gold, especially if you know that all the

software you mention will work with it.

Archived