Sandy landclass near Vancouver

honanhal

Hi,

Using FTX Global, Vector, openLC Alaska/Canada, and FTX PNW Blue/all other NA regions except SCA. UTX Canada/US and SceneryTech landclass also installed, but I've tried disabling those and it didn't change the issue.

I just noticed some weirdness where a sand (though not desert dunes like you'd get near Dubai, say) texture is being called extensively in and around Vancouver. It's hard to say when this started because I'm guessing that the Winter season would have masked it. It's incredibly prominent near Vancouver and extends further east in Canada, but stops at the US border and south, which makes me think this is perhaps an openLC Canada issue.

1.gif

Looks like it's being called where there should be parks in the city and along mountainsides elsewhere. Maybe supposed to be some kind of lightly forested texture?

FTX Central is set to Global hybrid. I tried cycling modes to fix terrain.cfg and also ran the UTX setup tools. No change.

Any idea what might be causing this? Happy to try a reinstall of openLC Alaska/Canada if it's likely to fix it.

You can see just how massive an issue this is near Vancouver:

2.gif

3.gif

As I said, though, only affecting Canada--this abruptly stops below the 49th parallel (in the middle of the picture immediately above).

4.gif

Also some other texture weirdness/morphing going on of the kind I'd associate with a messed up terrain.cfg, but only in Canada, not further south. As I mentioned, I already tried fixing that the usual way.

Thanks in advance for any help,

James

Nick, that fixed it!

Sorry, I'd earlier seen the need to have OLC "below" the FTX entries but, as I normally look directly at the scenery.cfg file, that got me confused. They were lower in the file, but of course that makes them higher priority, not lower. In my confusion I thought they were where they needed to be, but looking in FTX Central of course they weren't.

Thanks again,

James

Archived