NA Free airports need reinstall?

Stratocruiser

I read somewhere that the Southern California fat scenery package contains some of the free airports offered earlier than the SOCAL scenery. Is there any conflict with having the earlier free airports installed and then installing the newer SOCAL scenery? Should we somehow remove the free airports? Should we do a new install of the present free airport package?

Thanks.

Howard

Hi Howard,

I know the freeware airports in the SCA region were removed from the overall group but I'm not sure how they were to be removed from the files of those who bought SCA.  I think it would be safe to reinstall the freeware packs after installing SCA however and I would encourage you to do that.  I did a quick check here and I don't see the freeware airports from SCA still there in my FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder ( I've installed the latest full pack of freeware airports)

@RHaas - As the freeware airports use default FSX mesh and SCA has custom mesh here could be issues there and if any were updated with more objects that could cause issues as well. Better to not have them both installed at the same time.

Cheers, Neil

Archived