Error in FTX Central with regards to Northern california

daniel23185

Good afternoon all,

pit has been a long time since I have used flightsim. I recently bought a copy of Northern California scenery. When I open FTX Central I gets an error message when ever I select North America region. I get. An error message that says "u handled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignor this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\ Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\scripts\FTXCentral\Reigons\Insert North America.png"

i thought that that it wouldn't effect anything so loaded flightsim. It appears as though the scenery hasn't been loaded however KSFO Intl has a few additional buildings but apart from that it appears like the default tiles/textures on the ground. Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

Orbx - FTX: NA Gold USA Northern California FSS0474687

Does anyone know if there is an updated FTX Central? After the install of Northern California I had two ftx Central icons, the second doesn't work, then when I open the second to apply the region I get the above error. Does anyone have any ideas? Currently I have blown my money buying this product. It's frustrating as I have a lot of the australian ones that work...

G'day Nick,

when i installed Northern California I did not have the latest libraries. I downloaded and installed them to no difference. I still get the error message in FTX Central. Should I uninstall then reinstall the region? If so, how do I go about that as I have not seen an uninstalled. That's for your response,

Daniel

I am not sure what's going on. On my desk top I have two ftx centrals. One is just ftx Central, it works and is version 1. The other is Ftx central2, it does not work. I tryed the link above and it did not work and I got the error msg that is attached in picture form. 

I worked out the computer has .net framework v4. Is there anything else I can try?

image.jpg

Thanks for your help guys it's appreciated. I am not very computer literate. I did the framework check and it showed up that CLR1 .net 1 and 1.1 are not installed. I would have assumed that the later versions would have covered the earlier ones. I will download them and see if that helps.

Nick and Wolter,

thank ni you both very much for your assistance. I installed version 4.6.1 of .net frameworks and that was the entire issue. It solved it all. No error messages and Northern California looks spectacular. Now to go exploring. Is there a way to close this one off so that it's no longer active?

thanks ageing, Daniel

Archived