P3d v3 migration

stesma54

Hi everyone,after reading the JV topic about how ORBX customer base is split up, i decided to migrate to p3d v3 on a seperate hdd keeping for a while Fsx as well. Is there someting that might get me into trouble permforming a double installation of orbx stuff or something i should do/know to achieve this goal? I read sthing about ftx central 2 messing things up as p3d and fsx are installed on the same machine.

Thanks to anyone

Regards

Stefano smania

+1

No problems at all. I have FSX, P3Dv2.5 and P3Dv3 all on the same machine. ORBX is *absolutely no problem at all*. FTX Central should find all of them. Just make sure you get the latest quad installers. They're nearly all there now - just a few missing.

Some *aircraft* add-ons expect you to uninstall the older versions (ie. in the other sim) before allowing you to proceed. Other (older) aircraft need a copy of (just the) fsx.exe in the root P3D folder - so you can point to it on install.

Adam.

1 hour ago, stesma54 said:

Thanks again...anyway do i need to reinstall also stuff like fsuipc and trackir?

FSUIPC will need to (also) be installed in P3D/modules. It's multi-sim aware as well, so a reinstall pointing at P3D should work fine.

TrackIR is separate, so should be OK - but you'll need to work your way through the keyboard/axis assignments to check they're as you want them.

Adam.

Archived