Uninstall Ktex? - On Start up of P3D - Out of Available Memory.

GregJ

Wow....this is a first for me with my system - just installed KTEX, and can't even get in to P3Dv3 now. It says my computer has run out of available memory... I have 16ghz DDR3 - doubt P3D is hogging all that.....Four things first:

1) was having an issue with VRS Superbug - gauge not loading properly (not my default palne)

2) do have FSDreamteam - Vancouver installed with medium settings

3) just installed KTEX this afternoon

4) installed Carenado's updated TBM 450

The first two were not an issue yesterday - just noticed them....the second two are new and thus are likely culprits for me....

Question: How does one properly uninstall KTEX?

G'day Greg,

I'd be highly doubtful that KTEX is the cause of any OOM issues, particularly if they are happening during P3Dv3 boot-up and not at the scenery location itself - both FPS and VAS impact at Telluride are relatively minimal. My suggestion would be to try loading P3D with another flight - perhaps your saved default start-up options (including your own default flight) may be causing issues? Backing up and deleting your Prepar3D.cfg (to allow everything to reset to default settings) should give this result - keep the backup in case you wish to revert back. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived