OOM Fix to Friday Harbor?

dvj

Has the OOM error ever been fixed for Friday Harbor?  Recall a number of folks including my self  had this problem whenever flyining near it and I thought there was a fix to be addressed.  Hopefully I've just missed an update.  Cheers,

- dvj

Don't know if there is anything that can be done, because I am able to fly all around the Seattle Vancouver Friday Harbor area with no OOMs ever.  Frame rates drop in some areas and I believe there is or is going to be a service pack that adds a little bit of performance but other than that it is just a quirky area that tests some machines more than others.  See my specs for what I am running which is mid range these days... And also when I had my previous i7-920 CPU I didn't get any OOMs either.

The only exception I found recently was running the new A2A Texan out of Friday Harbor at 3840 x 2160 resolution I was getting the FSUIPC chimes, I switched to 2560 x 1440 and the chimes went away. 

OK, OOM continues on my machine after fresh download, no traffic. Same as before regardless of the aircraft used.  Funny. I have over 30 ORBX sceneries without this problem, including the new Telluride.   And John, my specs are very similar to yours.

cheers

-

17 hours ago, dvj said:

OK, OOM continues on my machine after fresh download, no traffic. Same as before regardless of the aircraft used.  Funny. I have over 30 ORBX sceneries without this problem, including the new Telluride.   And John, my specs are very similar to yours.

cheers

-

Hi dvj,

This is a legacy issue concerning the San Juan Island area in FSX. This is something Turbulent have put a lot of time in to investigating but seems the only "solution" is to offer the user more control panel options to disable unnecessary features to free up memory.

As this is a high memory usage area, it would also be a good idea to take a look at the amount of active add-ons you have installed. A high memory add-on can push the memory usage over the edge.

We currently have a new service pack with Orbx awaiting to be green lit by testers.

Thanks,

Russ

Archived