Its nothing if not unpredictable is it?!!

John York

I had an adventure today.

I decided to fly from KBFL to KSNS, distance some 147nm.   So, I set the flight up and wishing to view the scenery set the altitude to 8000 (plenty of hills around that route), set the sutopilot on the Real Air Duke, got it off and the sim' stopped; 'Windows has encountered a problem, will try to find a solution and will close down the program'.....

I set up the whole lot again, got it off and at about 4000' there was a loud bang and the right engine stopped working. There was plenty of charring around the case but no fire and the left engine seemed alright so thought ; 'sod it, I'll carry on'.

I set up IFR and continued all the way to Salinas on the one engine and landed ILS while still on auto pilot.  When the wheels touched, turned off the AP and then wrestled the 'plane off the runway to the nearest parking slot which, as you can imagine, was an adventure in itself.

What I would now like to know is what is going to go wrong on my next flight?!!

It seems P3Dv3.2 is as unpredictable as FSX always has been.

A bit pissed off. 

John

hi, i think better use other settings for duke, mean stay with real engine operation, but disable random failrue, as for me is annoyed:) when oill temp, torq and rpm are about green, catch engine stack is... or real air have to add something like accusim, for it will depend of time, and befor flight check some pressure and other,,, so i think random fail disable is best balance

p.s. and i think is really bad idea give ap permission to landing:)

' System failures on Windows are nasty. But simulation failures like engine smoke are adventuruous and need your pilot skills'

Yeah...well.  Thanks for that Bermuda but I'm not sure I feel a hell of a lot better!

You can't have failures in P3Dv3.2 completely unchecked Gregg.  There is always a number there.  You can only limit them to the time.  Unfortunately, an engine failure  possibly generated by Real Air can't be avoided as far as I know?

John

Archived