KLWB Runway 22 lights misplaced

RandyB

In the FTX freeware pack,  KLWB (Greenbrier Valley- WV) runway 22 lights at end of runway appear to be misplace to the left -  Could I please ask if someone could fix the issue.   I fly out of this airport quite often.

Thanks,

KLWB_rwy22_lights_2.PNG

Hi Randy,

Please note the position of the runway lights in this GE screenshot of KLWB.  My placement is correct and alsoKWLB.thumb.jpg.79922a8f91931a281f47e9c54 note that the control box is in the accurate location as well.  I've run across just a few airports that have the lights other than directly down the path of runway, this is one. 

Cheers, Neil

• Nick Cooper changed the title to KLWB Runway 22 lights misplaced

Hi again,

Yes, I indeed noted the wrong object.  However the VASI lighting appears to be in a relativity correct location, see screenshot of my ADE source file vs the GE screenshot above.  Some tweaking of the lights location can be done in Airport Design Editor(ADE) but for freeware airports I don't get that detailed.  I encourage you to get ADE (it's free) and make those adjustments if you like.

Cheers, Neil

KWLB vasi 22 lights.jpg

Thanks Neil and Rick.  I can see where the light bars are oriented for viewing RWY 4 approach.    Neil - Great job on this airport.   I really enjoy flying in and out of KLWB.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.     No need for any tweaking, but I appreciate the info on the ADE tool.

I should have looked at Skyvector first.    Sorry for the bother, but now I know what they are for. 

The object with the lights is the localizer transmitter which is offset from the centreline of the runway. Localizer is at 45 degrees, runway is at 43. This is due to obstructions in the approach path to the airport. No common but it occurs where local conditions dictate. ( I've seen a few where the localizer is half a mile from the airport although these are localizer only approaches (no glideslope)

Larry

Archived