SFO Bay & Pacific Ocean

Hello:

I am having some issues with water around the Bay Area.  I seem to be missing the "bay" and the pacific ocean/coast is not appearing correctly.  I'm running FS Global 2010 (with the updates), FS Global Base, Vector, and Northern California.  First picture is right after departure from SFO.  Second picture is several minutes off the coast, I finally get to the ocean.

P3DV3.2, windows 7 x64

Please see attached.  

Thanks

Pac. ocean.jpg

Bay1.png

Looks like a terrain problem or the order in your scenery library. You don't mention what applied region you have set in Central. I assume it is North America? You need to set your Library Insertion points correctly via Central/Tools/Library Insertion Points, and ensure that the placements are as per the the guide. All non FTX airports above FTX, then FTX, then OLC if you have them. Vector should be placed just above 1107 Base in the scenery library and listed in this order (from 1107 Base upwards) Vector_EXX, _CVX, _APT, _OBJ.

Have you run the Vector AEC tool after your installs? Have you installed the latest orbxlibs? Have you tried disabling Vector and then fly in NCA (it is not really needed within a full fat FTX Region) Try the suggestions I have made and see what your situation is then , and report back with what you have done and the results.

More info required really before constructive assistance can be offered.

I see you have your frames set at 30 and it was giving you 27 from the external view.

If the above two replies do not fix it, try reducing your frames to 26 and selecting a default airplane and see what happens.  SF Bay Area is one of the most dense graphically area we have. Eliminate the possibility of the "overload" to your system.

Good Luck,

Larry @ Eagle Valley Air aka Pappy

SF Bay Area is extremely heavy on resources, similar but not quite as bad as LA Basin in SCA. Low FPS will certainly occur if you have ai traffic functioning because there are lots of medium to large airports within the ai Traffic spawning area, and a huge city full of autogen etc. I assume you have used the Configure option in central for NCA and tried unticking most things first and then adding a tick one at a time and see how your FPS reacts? regarding ai traffic, I suggest if you are using it then set it to a very low percent, maybe 3% and only airliners first. Then start experimenting like no airliner but GA, then 5% airliners 3% GA etc.

I use AITrafficManager( a freebie available thru Google search) which certainly helps me lot in limiting the amount of aircraft flights that are spawned but still maintains a good number of flights depending on your settings in the programme. I use only 4% setting for ai and still see enough traffic at SFO with takeoffs and landings and get a bout 20-25 fps. But all our PCs are different.

Now you have got your scenery working OK, I would just try a flight with no ai and see if that improves your fps. Also switch off all the options in the SCA Configuration options. Then i suggest you add a very low percentage of ai for the next flight, say 2% GA, and keep adding and see how  you get on. I also strongly advise you try out AirTraffic Manager. I give you an example of how it can assist. I set my ai to only 4% and GA to 2%. I have AITM set to 15 planes but keep ai at the airport ( you will understand this better if you get AITM) and it shut down 456 flights in the spawn area, massively improving performance, still seeing traffic though. Imagine the resources being used if I did not have the ability to shut down 456 flights that the system would have to process.

Well worth a try. I admit though that even with such settings, and all the SCA config options ON, I will only get 18-20 at KLAX but once I am about 4-5 miles out of the urban sprawl I am in the mid 30's fps.

Archived