KJAC Patch Request, FSX

JoseCFII

I have the DVD of KJAC and the new updates to libs and lights affects KJAC.

I'm well aware that KJAC (full version) is available for a small update price.

I was hoping for a small patch that would fix some lighting issues with KJAC in FSX.

Jose

G'day Jose,

No worries at all, you are correct in saying that the updated version of KJAC v1.1 is only available via download from Flightsimstore, and is available to non-FSS DVD customers for the small processing fee. Amongst other updates for FSX, it changes the autogen lighting over to our newer-style (Global) lighting. 

That being said, there shouldn't be any reason that components of v1.0 would have been broken by the latest ORBXlibs - all the lighting should be working without problems. When you say lighting, do you refer to runway/taxiway/apron lighting, or autogen lighting on the surrounding roads/houses? 

- If your runway lighting is affected, it could be an Objectflow issue. To confirm this, check to see if you can find any grass next to the runways (this is also controlled by OF). 

- Alternatively, back at release time in 2012, there were some users who had missing effects. You can find the fix (and associated files) in this topic here

- If it's your autogen lighting that has disappeared, it could be possible that the ORBXlibs reverted your legacy-style agn lighting back to "Day Mode" - to change this back, just open FTXLights_Night.exe, which can be found in your ORBX/scripts folder.

Let me know how you go with these.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived