RBE Mountains Of Victoria - where to position

ravemtech

short answer: Yes, a lot (when it comes to roads, rivers and lakes that is, RROV doesn't do textures)

(you'd hope so, the data in RROV is $$$).

Mind you, FTX + RROV + MOV is a killer combo as you get superb textures + highly accurate geographical data - you really need all 3 to get the best results.

Christian, how does RROV sit with FTX's rendition of Melbourne's shorelines in FSX?  There certainly were problems there with VOZ in FS9.

If there is no problem with RROV + FTX, then as you say, "FTX+RROV+MOV" will certainly be a "killer combo".

Cheers

I think it's time any further Sim Pilot Experience discussion get moved over to the support forum at http://www.simpilotnet.com. I'm sure Koorby doesn't mind, yet I feel a bit uneasy using the Orbx forum for non Orbx product support. So please post further questions in the official SPE support forums...

In regards to the last question, RROV has very accurate coastlines, because it's based on accurate (and expensive) commercial data. As Koorby and I explained a while ago, the Melbourne CBD model in VOZ is old and not accurately placed (same with some lighthouses along the coast). With accurate coastlines this becomes a problem, you get exactly the same effect when you use tileproxy (ie google earth imagery). Given that VOZ is freeware I happily put up with this minor issue...

Hope that helps,

Christian

Archived