all black textures

shermank

I hope you guys do not think of me as the boy who called wolf. I have a new and serious problem. Last week, a power surge caused some computer damage. I got that straightened out, I thought. But, the next time a tried to boot into w10, the boot system went into a loop, with the circular wheel beneath the W10 icon spinning without doing anything. I decided to revert back to W7 (again) and reinstalledd FSX and ORBX top to bottom, being very methodical and patient about it all.

But, when I had reinstalled everything, my entire texture field was black as you can see in the accompanying image. I am also showing you my scenery listings as well as how things stack up in FTX Central. I have switched back and forth between Global and NA to no avail. The only thing different in my new setup is this time I did not reinstall my UTX NA program. Thanks for looking and offering advice.

Sherm

capture_004_13032016_150444.jpg

capture_005_13032016_150527.jpg

capture_003_13032016_150437.jpg

capture_001_13032016_150305.jpg

Sorry to hear of your computer woes there Sherm, not a pleasant prospect when you have things humming along. I can sympathise with your plight having slowly recovered not nearly as quickly as you from a destructive lightning strike, howl away if nothing else it relieves the tension. 

Just a thought my friend, since many upgraders to Win10 needed to install the latest Win10 specific Nvidia driver version, I wonder if you have lingering parts of that driver lurking on your system after reverting to Win7. If so it might be worthwhile downloading the Win7 version of the latest Nvidia driver and doing a clean custom install or use DDUninstaller before installing this Win7 version.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeff.  I moved up to the latest 364.51 Nvidia driver, but it changed nothing. I am thinking about tearing down and rebuilding again, this time booting after each step, to make certain there are no errors before the next building block is loaded.

Sherm

Just a short note. I am In the process of reinstalling FSX. Plain vanilla, looks OK. i am traveling now, but when I return home I will begin installation of ORBX layers, starting with global. I will check success s of each layer before going on to the next, a step,I skipped when I got into the trouble which led to this post.

sherm 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived