Open LC EU Fields etc on hills

Hi,

I don't usually look out for issues in landclass, but this one stood out.  I was flying just South of Heraklion (with Aerosoft Heraklion installed) and noticed some fields, PR buildings, and 3D buildings going up a very steep hill.  So steep the buildings were planted by the walls rather than the floor.  I thought usually a different texcture would be used automatically for a hill or mountainside this steep, which is why I bring it up.  I didn't get coordinates, but it is within a few miles South of LGIR.  You may even be able to make out the surrounds of LGIR in the background of the pics below which are displaying the issue.

2016-3-12_18-13-28-318.jpg

2016-3-12_18-13-40-648.jpg

2016-3-12_18-13-44-278.jpg

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply.  I suspect you're right about the terrain.cfg.  FTX Central was set to Europe, and I think some installers I ran recently edited the terrain cfg.  I have tried switching back and forth a few times between Europe, Global and Global with Hybrid mode.  In Global the same area looked different and had patches of a plain/grass texture and a cliff texture, but the whole area actually looked worse.  I am going to try reinstalling Open LC.  Hopefully that will get things back to normal.

Cheers,

I ended up having a few more issues after trying to fix this by reinstalling Global Base and Open LC Europe and North America.  I kept getting CTDs since doing this, but strangely not on every flight, and with varying faulting modules, so I wasn't sure of the CTD issue until tonight.

See:  link removed

Anyway, the issue with the CTDs seems to be resolved and my terrain.cfg should be back to normal.  I installed the fresh FSX-SE terrain.cfg from the backup folder within the FTX Central folder, and reapplied all regions in FTX Central.  A simple fix I probably should have done a few days ago. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Archived