Hi Team,

I tried to search the forums, but I could not find how to fix the CYHZ airport part of the North American freeware airports :( 

It shows runway 24 and they have now runway 23, on the plane FMC shows runway 23 but in the Sim it shows 24.

Can you guys help please if there is a fix for this?

Thanks,

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

I can confirm these observations for other airports as well. The reason, I suppose, is earth's annual magnetic variation, which causes aeronautical institutions such as airports and navigational stations to adjust their data regularly. Since these simulator's database is almost 10 years old, there should be many of those incorrect runway headings. Let's see what the developers say to this issue.

Greetings,

Bermuda

The airports are usually correct when released but runway designations are always changing. I know I have changed a lot when doing airports but once they are released they don't usually get changed until some other revision is being done. It's easy to fix but we are not usually looking unless someone mentions it. I'll let Neil know as it was his airport.

Larry

to continue this thread, My Traffic Pro has CYHZ as part of the program for AI.  How would any changes affect AI?

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:01 AM, larryisenor said:

The airports are usually correct when released but runway designations are always changing. I know I have changed a lot when doing airports but once they are released they don't usually get changed until some other revision is being done. It's easy to fix but we are not usually looking unless someone mentions it. I'll let Neil know as it was his airport.

Larry

No. FSX uses the airport files to direct traffic so runway numbers do not matter. The parking and taxiways in the airport files provide a framework for the traffic but movement is built into FSX. Its works fairly well if certain guidelines are followed.

Larry

Archived