Trees and houses in waters on the shorelines everywhere

Hello,

I am a good customer of ORBX products on flightsimstore and I used to have no problem at all with them but most recently this is what happened :

I made a brand new Install ALLTOGETHER on my quite performing desktop of FTX Australia complete, NZ South + North Islands, EU Norway, Global openLC North America, Global base + Global Vector, Global openLC Europe, FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible, and a few aussie airports like Cairns, Melbourne, Perth and Coffs Harbour.

Strangely I've been struggling from the beginning (months) of this install to find an answer to my problem which is : 

- Whereever I fly in Australia, New Zealand or Norway, there are trees and houses in the shoreline waters....

Any idea of what this problem comes from....?? Every software is up to date, even the ORBX Library....and still nobody seems to have this problem except me !

Thank you for your reply.

Christophe

Welcome to the forum(s). Using FTX Central try switching between Global and Oceania or Europe a couple of times. This will rebuild the library entries and often fixes this type of problem. Let us know if that works or if we need to come up with another idea. The guys here can fix anything.....

Doug

Oops...and, I just noticed, you'll need to include one of your order numbers for further support (any of the order numbers will do as they are all linked).

Hi Doug,

I tried switching from Global to Oceania or/and Europe a few times but it didn't work.

Exemple in my pictureas at take off North from Cairns with a right turn on the Great Barrier Reef...the bottom of it could look like this but with fishes too...;-)

Christophe

Trees in water exemple Cairns.jpg

Hi there,

what "flavor" of FSX did you install? If it wasn't the Gold DVD or Acceleration or the Steam edition did you remember to install the two service packs as well?

If that's not the issue try "refreshing" your terrain.cfg file as described here:

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I have FSX pro DVD edition in french and Acceleration X DVD french edition as well. Normally I did a correct install I don't need to install the service packs. It was running well the first time with FTX Au x 4 before I started to install the Global software.

I will try "refreshing" my terrain.cfg file and let you know.

Thanks and rgds.

Cheers

I've done what you suggested with the terrain.cfg refresh and it seems to work I've flown from Cairns, Wellington and no more houses and trees in the shore waters, it looks like it worked so thank you for the help and solution, I will try other places to check it's definitely solved but it sounds pretty good to me ...cheers guys thanks a lot for your quick support.

Cheers.

Christophe

Archived