Winter in Seattle

yfriend

Hello. I have a question about winter time in Seattle. Why in  ORBX PNW I have snow in the winter time. I live here about 10 years and never saw snow. Is it can be fix? If yes, how can I do that. Thank you. 

Get on I-90 and drive east for about 90 minutes.  You will see it.

It is just a limitation of the sim -- the west side of the cascade range is wet and rainy while the east side is dry and cold.  Hard to make that effect happen in FSX correctly.

Hi yfriend,

Best bet is to ask for real time wx in the sim as there is only so much tweaking Holger can do to set up seasons, and then it's for the whole region and as you know they get plenty of snow on the east side of the state.  Here in Lynnwood, WA I hardly ever see any.

Cheers, Neil

1 hour ago, Ripcord said:

Get on I-90 and drive east for about 90 minutes.  You will see it.

It is just a limitation of the sim -- the west side of the cascade range is wet and rainy while the east side is dry and cold.  Hard to make that effect happen in FSX correctly.

1 hour ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi yfriend,

Best bet is to ask for real time wx in the sim as there is only so much tweaking Holger can do to set up seasons, and then it's for the whole region and as you know they get plenty of snow on the east side of the state.  Here in Lynnwood, WA I hardly ever see any.

Cheers, Neil

Thank you for quick reply. I use Active Sky Next and it still with real weather gives me snow in Seattle area. And my mother in law lives in Richland eastern Washington )))) and I drive a lot to east. Last couple years I didn't see snow there also. Just snow in mountain pass but not much. So in my understanding it no fix at all, even with real weather update.

p.S. I am so sorry. I checked again and if start first ASN and after the simulator, snow is disappeared.

Archived