KEGE Normal flickering?

Airforce806

G'day there,

Thanks for the posting the video - very useful. I've just checked the same scenario at my end and can't replicate any of the flickering you are seeing. Common causes of these kinds of issues are unusual tweaks to your Prepar3D.cfg (if you use any tweaks, try the same area with a clean cfg file), or graphics card anomalies - have a play with your GPU settings to see if you can tweak the result.

Cheers,

Jarrad 

G'day again, before you try playing around with your GPU settings (which may yield a result - even changing them from the default), could you please make a backup of your cameras.cfg (found in the same location as your Prepar3d.cfg) and then delete it to let P3D build a new one? From memory, EZDoc makes some changes to these which have been known to also cause z-bias issues - even after disabling it. 

As I said, there definitely shouldn't be any fighting issues in the location you've posted, so there is something causing it at your end - we just need to figure out what it is!

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day there, 

Thanks again for the video. So after confirming that a clean camera.cfg didn't fix the issue for you, it is fairly clear from your two videos that there is a general problem with z-bias/flickering issues for you. There are known issues with this in some circumstances in P3Dv3 (particularly Avatar mode), my suggestion would be to head over to the LM P3D forums and read up on a few topics on the subject over there (for example here). 

Cheers,

Jarrad

If you have EZdok it adds a line in cameras.cfg under the EZCA VC cam definition , look for clipmode=minimum . Either change it to clipmode=Normal or completely remove that line. Anytime you run the ezdok config tool it will change it back to minimum. 

I reported it to the developer of ezdok a long time ago as per the SDK since FSX -  minimum is NOT for a VC view, it is for an external view,  where the aircraft external is the focus and the scenery is not.

Avatar mode is bugged and there is nothing to fix it that I can see at the moment, it's also using minimum but I'm not sure where the avatar camera settings are located or if it's hardcoded.

Unfortunately not beyond what I have already suggested - as I mentioned, this is a known issue with P3D v3.1 (particularly in Avatar mode). The reason why you will notice it more at KEGE is due to the complexity of the geometry compared to, say, a default airport. Hopefully the LM guys will be able to come up with a solution in further buildings of P3D.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived