Conflict with 'other' scenery sources?

qigongdoctor

Hi All!  New guy here.... I'm a USMC Disabled Vet, and I don't get out much.  Last year, I discovered "Flying" and have been soaring with the Eagles ever since.

I have FSX, P3D v2 (and v3) Pro Plus, X-Plane 10 Global, and FlightGear - depending on my mood at the time.

I have used Scenery Programs, both MegaSceneryEarth, US CitiesX, and HDMesh (for X-Plane) (in addition to default from each program) 

OK Now.... Having just discovered Orbx FTX, I wonder which of all of these scenery programs is the best, in terms of looking out the window of my fixed-wing, or Helicopter, and seeing

the most realistic of all of them, and then will download THAT program exclusively. OR  can I use a mix without conflict?

Can anyone offer a solid suggestion???  If I install .... say... Megascenery Earth, of an area California North, If I add ORBX FTX to the same area, what happens?? HELP?

Thanks to all in advance - (drdavesmith@gmail.com)

Welcome to the forums, doc!  In a word, Megascenery Earth, since it's photoreal scenery, will always trump FTX scenery.  It's either one or the other, not both at the same time.  Also, with photoscenery you cannot see any seasonal changes--snow on the ground, autumn tree colors, etc.  With FTX full region scenery you can get all four seasons, and in some cases, a fifth, for the so-called "hard" winter areas.  You might check out fullterrain.com for some screenshots, etc.

Cheers!

15 hours ago, qigongdoctor said:

OK Now.... Having just discovered Orbx FTX, I wonder which of all of these scenery programs is the best, in terms of looking out the window of my fixed-wing, or Helicopter, and seeing

the most realistic of all of them, and then will download THAT program exclusively. OR  can I use a mix without conflict?

Can anyone offer a solid suggestion???  If I install .... say... Megascenery Earth, of an area California North, If I add ORBX FTX to the same area, what happens?? HELP?

Luckily, the information you are looking for has been put together in a handy pdf guide.  This should give you the answers to your questions and more importantly, give you enough knowledge to work out the answer to questions that may not be answered directly.  I thoroughly recommend  a read and welcome to the immersive world of Orbx scenery! See here: Definitive guide to FTX products

Thank you so much!.. I have FTX Central now.... and FTX Global.... but now...I can't seem to add North America, EU, Oceania, or any of the other regions besides Global.....

I know.... I'm the new kid  always looking for assistance....duhhhr.....   Where should I look?  What are the names, so I can find them and install to FTX Central?

pleeeze?

4 minutes ago, qigongdoctor said:

Thank you so much!.. I have FTX Central now.... and FTX Global.... but now...I can't seem to add North America, EU, Oceania, or any of the other regions besides Global.....

I know.... I'm the new kid  always looking for assistance....duhhhr.....   Where should I look?  What are the names, so I can find them and install to FTX Central?

pleeeze?

Hi there, doc.  I think before you proceed, the forum rules state that you list at least one product # from the Flight Sim Store before receiving product support.

Archived