Norh America Problem

slartibartfast

The problem that I have is that the northern end of my PNW area causes FSX to stop working (CTD) when I try to start flights at KBFI, KSEA, 1WA6, (there may be more airport but I haven't tested all). I get to 27% of loadind then get the CTD error. I have monitored the CPU and memory usage and there is no change difference from flying from an airport that works OK (KFHR, 1WA2).

It seems  1WA2 is OK but If I fly from 1WA2 to, say, KBFI about 5 nm from takeoff I get the same fsx has stopped working message.  Areas PJF, CRM, NRM appear to work OK.

In FTX Central 2 I have made global active only and the problem disappears. The problem only occurs if I have NA or Hybrid mode enabled. The last ORBX airport I have installed was KFHR. Please note that KBFI, KSEA, 1WA6 are not ORBX separate addon airports but the stock Global Airports/PNW area airports.

I have tried uninstalling PNW, PJF, NRM areas but the problem still persists, Didn't unistall CRM as then I can't activate North America! Yes I do have all the latest patches and ORBXLibraries installed. Please note that all other areas, airports are OK.

Please can you helpme anyone?

And as I cannot put my ORBX POP in my signature anymore they are here:

Order #FSS0435863 (Completed)
Order Date: Tuesday 15 December, 2015 (2015-12-15)
Order #FSS0405271 (Completed)
Order Date: Wednesday 26 August, 2015 (2015-08-26)
Order #FSS0390646 (Completed)
Order Date: Monday 08 June, 2015 (2015-06-08)
Order #FSS0380462 (Completed)                                   
Order Date: Tuesday 12 May, 2015 (2015-05-12)    
Order #FSS0378068 (Completed)
Order Date: Wednesday 06 May, 2015 (2015-05-06)
Order #FSS0369270 (Completed)
Order Date: Tuesday 14 April, 2015 (2015-04-14)                              
Order #FSS0367557 (Completed)
Order Date: Monday 13 April, 2015 (2015-04-13)
Order #FSS0367248 (Completed)
Order Date: Monday 13 April, 2015 (2015-04-13)
Order #FSS0361537 (Completed)
Order Date: Sunday 22 March, 2015 (2015-03-22)
Order #FSS0310890 (Completed)
Order Date: Friday 22 August, 2014 (2014-08-22)
Order #FSS0278427 (Completed)
Order Date: Friday 28 March, 2014 (2014-03-28)
Order #FSS0277783 (Completed)
Order Date: Monday 24 March, 2014 (2014-03-24)
Order #FSS0277744 (Completed)
Order Date: Monday 24 March, 2014 (2014-03-24)

Hello

This is just a wild guess as I don´t know what PNW version you have, but there was a problem with KSEA in the PNW SP5

(Many of us had CTD's not only when flying from KSEA, I got them when flying from CYBD to KHQM via KSEA)

See the quote below.

On 4/10/2012 at 3:19 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

bummer, looks like further changes to KSEA for PNW SP5 invalidated the previous fixes. :-[

As a quick fix I've attached the SP4a version of KSEA; please replace the existing file in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery (the other KSEA file with the _CVX suffix isn't involved).

Cheers, Holger

PNW_SP4a_KSEA.zip

Perhaps you can download that file and see if it fixes your problem.

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Thanks ramonb, but I am (was running) PNW sp8. BTW I have just uninstalled KFHR still getting CTD. Even with PNW PFJ NRM uninstalled The CTD is still present if NA and/or Hybrid mode active.

Darn, I hoped it was that one.

In any case I would do a test by disabling all AI Traffic from Scenery\world\scenery (moving all Traffic files to another folder)

Hope the devs see this soon.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Thanks again, tried that no difference. I have a nasty feeling that the ORBX scenery and/or FSX has got corruped somewhere. I feel a complete reload of FSX coming on.... Oh dear another two three four day session, she is not going to be happy!!!

Or wait a bit for a Dev. assistance. She'll appreciate that. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well no DEV help so far. It is not a OOM error as I have monitored my memory usage and the current memory usage for everything running when the failure occurs is 3.51GB out of a total 7GB of useable RAM memory. Even reloading the whole FSX has not cleared the error plus changes to the fsx.cfg and fsx configuration have not seemed to have helped. The only thing that has changed is the error has become more random.

But with no DEVs interested I will have to soldier on I suppose.

51 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh well no DEV help so far. It is not a OOM error as I have monitored my memory usage and the current memory usage for everything running when the failure occurs is 3.51GB out of a total 7GB of useable RAM memory.

Hello

I does not matter how much RAM you have installed. FSX & P3D are 32 bit applications, therefore they can only see/address up to 4GB of RAM, (232 )

That is even when 4GT is enabled (the so called /3GB switch) your app can only see those 4GB, of those you have to deduct memory taken by the System. You 32 bit app can only use/allocate the rest (Working Set, VAS).

(There is much more on this.)

That 3.51GB you are referring might be the limit.

Try by lowering your settings, at least a bit. (Keep your VAS ~3.GB max)

Assuming that your OS is 64 bit, FSX has up to 4096 mb of VAS

available to it.

An OOM will result in an on screen message to the effect of

"Your computer has run out of available memory" which is a system

message and not specific to FSX.

If, as you say, the error is not an OOM, you will be able to see what

it is in your Windows Event viewer.

If you can find that out, more specific advice might be possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

A big thank you to you all for your help so far.

Firstly, @Nick Windows Event viewer? How do I access it and what am I looking for? If I knew how to access it I could give you the answer you require. The error you quote is not the message I get mine is "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working and will now close".

@RamonB I have run W10 Task Manager and watched the memory whilst running FSX wIndowed mode. I appears to go up to 3.3Gb at the loading flight stage then as the flight progresses it will go as high as 4-4.1 Gb but the CTD does not happen at this level of memory usage. Its always about the 3.5Gb mark. BTW there is IGb of ram Hardware reserved so therefore if you go on this 1Gb + 4.1Gb (worst case senario) = 5.1Gb! is well outside the 4096Mb (4Gb) VAS limit. Also I have noticed that running full screen gives a slightly lower ram usage.

Secondly, I run Wise Memory Optimiser before every load of FSX. This has helped but not fully.

Thirdly, I have stopped using any of the "Starup for Complex Aircraft" or any saved flights (for C & D reasons). This also helped considerably but not fully. It happens whether I use addon aircraft or stock MS FSX aircraft.

Fourhly and best, Set My orbx area to FTX Global only ( No Hybrid) in FTX Central 2 run FTX Global Vector, then in FSX disable all my NA addon airports and NA Regions manually by unticking the boxes in the Scenery Library. Then go flying in anywhere but Orbx North America and no CTD at all. I have tried leaving the NA Regions activated and this works just as well.

Whew!!!

My conclusion is flying with any aircraft anywhere with Global and/or NA Regions active is fine and error free so long as any ORBX NA airports are not active.

Hello

Did You lowered your settings?

What addons are you using?

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

whilst running FSX wIndowed mode. I appears to go up to 3.3Gb at the loading flight stage

Something is definitely wrong; that should not happen on a fresh start at flight loading stage.

You definitely have to lower your settings and still enjoy your ORBX sceneries.

I suggest you re enable all ORBX sceneries in library and Reset Defaults in all Settings Display: Graphics, Scenery, Weather and Traffic.

(Or move all sliders to the left)  and the then start moving one by one to the right.

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Windows Event viewer? How do I access it and what am I looking for?

Win 10  (On the ribbon "Search the Web...") type eventvwr and press Enter. Once the app opens expand Windows Logs and click on Application

Search event logs for any Error related to FSX

or

on the search ribbon type view all problem reports and search for FSX

Post the error here!

At Last I have the WER report as follows

Information Details:

Fault bucket 107787634478, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: fsx.exe
P2: 10.0.61637.0
P3: 46fadb14
P4: uiautomationcore.dll
P5: 7.2.10586.17
P6: 56518a34
P7: c0000005
P8: 0004d0b5
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
F:\USERTEMP\WERC4D5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_8b1ed91e83445af2c3d6591b69fc991707f466e_68a774f9_1ad6ec62

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report ID: 90453fd3-e0c3-4677-a145-3c87777d9352
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: eee29cb0775a12c530fc116f44120b47

Error Details:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.10586.17, time stamp: 0x56518a34
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004d0b5
Faulting process ID: 0x1144
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18301139c633b
Faulting application path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll
Report ID: 90453fd3-e0c3-4677-a145-3c87777d9352
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also attached WER file from

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_8b1ed91e83445af2c3d6591b69fc991707f466e_68a774f9_1ad6ec62

I hope this helps you any, Thanks in advance.

Report.wer

I have just Googled  uiautomationcore.dll and found the answer just as you replied ! Thanks for your help I am going to try it later on today (it is 02:45 here) and I am going to bed. I will report on the outcome. BTW as I am runing on Windows 10 should I run compatibiliy mode for Win7 or Vista? I'm not sure. Thanks again.

Well that went well, not! Put uiautomationcore.dll in the FSX root folder and flew for a while then CTD same error same path "Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll" . Oh Well back to the drawing board later today.

Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.

I have a .dll problem also, and wonder if anyone can suggest a solution. A week or so ago, and having being tired of all the reminders and stuff from MS to switch to W10, so I fell for the trap and did it, hardly anything in FSX worked, so the same day i backed out and went back to W7. BUT, now when trying to load FSX I get this message: C\windows\system32\MSVCR120.dll does not"whatever-whatever" and causes a fatal error and FSX starts over to again just get to fatal error, and that's it. So I am thinking that i need to wipe clean and start all over. Anyone have any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks!

Hi all,

Well after some extensive testing and flying I have tried unsucessfully to break FSX. Which is good because it seems like I have the fix as supplied by my learned friend Nick Cooper. A very big thanks to you, Nick, and to all who have made a contribution. I do remember in the dim and distant past this dll problem was used when I switched to windows 7. Of course it was so far back that I had forgotten about it when I upgraded to Windows 10. Perhaps, I don't know, during the W10 upgrade it deleted/deregistered any old dll's before it put in and registered the new ones. Oh well it is sorted now.

@ lennie, My son-in-Law had the same problem as you when he went to W10 and back to W7. His solution was to uninstall FSX upgrade to W10 and reinstall FSX. I know this is not much of a solution but it worked. Or perhaps you could download the dll and re-register it.

To who ever deals with this thread you can as far as I am concerned mark it as solved and close it.

Again a big thanks to all you who have contributed to this thread. Now I'm off flying again, bye.

Archived