Global Base and Vector refuse to install

akmatov

OK, I've wasted several hours of my life and I'm furious, but I'm here for solutions, but just to let you know that software that doesn't install is a crime against humanity.

* Rebuilt my computer and now reinstalling my Orbx collection.

* Old downloads from last year stall out being unable to create needed directories, strange.

* Brand new downloads using IDM reach the point shown in the attached image, 'Select which version you wish to install', selection window reads 'Please Select' and there is nothing to select.

* End of install process

Please advise, I have a LOT of Orbx software to get installed and this has eaten up hours with no success.

FTX Global Base.png

7 hours ago, wedge1047 said:

Hi Akmatov,

Not wishing to teach granny to suck eggs but have you clicked the small black arrow on the right of the white bar to bring down the list.

Cheers Reg

LOL, yeah Gamps knows that subtle trick.  And given that I was up until 0200 trying to get this to work a totally realistic question. :)

10 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

The only reason for no options in the selection screen is that you do not have the registry entries for FSX/P3D.

So which sim do you have installed?

Very interesting and logical, but confusing.  I have FSX:SE installed.  In an earlier stage in the install process I identified the location for the install as C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\FSX.  I have installed airplanes with no problem using that location, which is where FSX is located.

OK, just tried to install Alice Springs YBAS from a fresh IDM download.

* The process appeared to proceed normally until the first screen appeared with seems to suggest no location for the Install Folder. Clicking Nest moves the process forward.

* Then I am told the set up is unable to create the folder \Effects, although there is already such a folder in FSX with aircraft data in it.

* Then I am told the process is complete

* Going to YBAS what I see does not look like an Orbx airfield

Clearly something is very wrong.  You stated " The only reason for no options in the selection screen is that you do not have the registry entries for FSX/P3D. "  I'm eagerly awaiting enlightenment as I am at a full stop here.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

There is no registry value that the installer can detect, hence the install folder being blank. Your path to the FSX folder would be here if a valid entry was in the registry. Did you have the boxed version installed previously to the Steam Edition? 

If you go here https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php and grab the FSX Registry Utility, this will create the entries for you. Use the Set path tab and browse to you folder, make sure that Option -Current User is ticked as well, then click the Set FSX Path button.

14 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Did you have the boxed version installed previously to the Steam Edition? 

Yes, thought I cleaned it out completely 

Off to try the FSX Registry Utility, fingers firmly crossed

Thx, Ed that seems to have fixed it.  Many thx.

Now, of course, I'm managed a new problem. Installed FSX Go and tried it while waited for Orbx scenery to re-download.  Slaughtered my frame rate, like from 111 to 24.  I was checking my frame rate with a c172 and c400 at KMRY as I installed each level of Orbx Goodness. Posted a help request. sigh.  I think FSX Go destroyed my fsx.cfg and I fear I may have to delete and reinstall everything, unless you have a FSX:SE fsx.cfg in a drawer. :(

But you can mark this support ticket as resolved.

Archived