Discovered Bugs with Global Vector

EuRo42

Hi, I'm the currently new one here.
A couple of weeks ago, I purchased the ORBX triple: ftx Global Base, Open LC Europe and Global Vector. Enthusiast that I am, I installed all three on same day.

Overwhelming first impression. But exploring the world, I found out three major issues up to now:

1. Panama City: There are two giant ship elevators upon the Panama Canal. After installing Global Vector, the canal was shifted a little bit but not the elevators. They now are hovering over the Autogen cityscape. Impressive like in "Inception". Disabling the four Vector Scenery entries will correct it but there is no car traffic any more on the roads.

2. Cairo: With enabled Vector some of the higher buildings are placed in the middle of the river Nil. Without Vector they are placed at its banks.

3. Prague: The river Moldau sometimes leaves its bed and climbs up the cliffs. A vertical river is a totally new experience. To make it real the water has to flow in an incredible speed, so that in the curves.....nope!

But there is one thing just working with Global Vector: Hamburg, Germany: The tunnel below the river Elbe is really fine with Vector. Disabling it will cause the cars be visible all the time so that they are running over the water. Jesus Christ! Thats cruel. So in Hamburg leave Global Vector enabled.

Pretty sure that there are other issues together with rivers, but I can't be everywhere.

I'd appreciate, if it will be fixed in one of the next service packs or updates.

Everything else I've seen: Great work, Guys. Keep up your good work. I also downloaded some freeware airports that are pretty nice especially while exploring with Bob. Some of you have real detail-skills. Thank you for now.

That's an easy one - let's use the Vector number:

Order Number: FSS0435190
Order Date: 2015-12-13

By the way: Yesterday I purchased the german airfield "Porta Westfalica". The first time I see trains in the fsx world. You're writing history!

That's a great challenge at least for Aerosoft :-)

Thanks.

There is a good freeware fix for the locks on the Panama Canal.

You can find the link in this topic

As to the rivers, Vector is very good at placing them in the right place.

Sometimes this means that the default objects which are placed around

the wrong place, then don't look right.

Again, if you are lucky, there will be a fix, freeware or payware.

Vector also corrects coastlines and it is common for a coastal airport to

finish up either partly or wholly in the sea.

The solution is to correct the airport location and once again, sometimes

there are fixes available.

Sometimes, Vector is at fault and there is the Vector Support forum where

these errors can be reported.

I have moved this topic to that forum for you.

Archived