Meigs Field

WILLDREX

I purchased Meigs Field & Friday Harbor. I loaded them both with no problem, but I can't find Meigs Field. I know it loaded because it's listed in the files. Friday Harbor works great. I can go there anytime. Meigs doesn't show up in the Chicago area at all or on the FTX Central airports. I also have trouble when trying to download updates from the FTX Central page. I get an error massage that no sim. can be found and download will close. That don't make since I have loaded many FTX programs. I'm told by the flight sim store that this is a orbx problem.

Hi Willdrex,

Which simulator and which simulator version are you using? (i.e FSX/FSX-SE, P3Dv1,2,3)

Providing Meigs was installed normally you should be able to find it by selecting 'KCGX' in the go-to-airport menu

Also worth noting, Meigs is a FTXglobal airport, so try selecting the 'Global' group in FTXcentral and pressing 'apply', this action should ensure its added to the scenery library

I am using FSX-SE. KCGX shows up in the FTX Global Airports and in the scenery library. I did press apply. When I try to load it one of the other Chicago airports comes up. KCGX is not listed when I go to that area. KORD, KMDW, KDPA & KIGQ is all that's listed. Also when I try to load an FTX update I get the error massage "Sim not found on PC" For some reason the ORBX installer is not locating the sim on my computer. Yet I have able to load the many ORBX products, and they all show up.  

If you navigate to C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral,

you should find RegistryFixTool.exe.

Run that as an administrator and set your FSX registry path to where your

Steam Edition is located.

Do NOT set the path for FSX Steam Edition.

Then try FTX Central again.

Archived