About strange tiles in openLC

Juanjo

I have this problem, but I am not sure to understand correctly your advise.

I have Global Base, Global Vector, Global LC Europe, Global LC NA and Australia SP4

When open Central 2 only can be seen  two Groups ... FTX Global ( with hybrid mode enabled ) and Oceanía.

I suppose that Global Base, Global Vector, Global LC Europe and Global LC NA are included in FTX Global Group

... and Australia SP4 in Oceania Group

Only one of the Groups can be activated at one time, and I think that always must be activated FTX Global unless I were going to fly over Australia.

Correct ?

Now about lclookup.bgl ....... inside Scripts folder there are five custom. folders  .... au, eu, gb_base, gb_hybrid and na  ...... and the data of the lclookup.bgl they have inside are :

custom.au ................ 25/01/2009

custom.eu .................28/11/2014

custom.gb_base ....... 24/07/2015

custom.gb_hybrid .... 24/07/2015

custom.na ................ 24/07/2015

Very often while in flight I can see those strange patchwork tiles and nothing can be done until the simulator is closed ..... then, I use to save the flight and close P3D

Afterwards I can confirm that, as you say, the lclookup,bgl file in Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder doesn't match with the one inside of the custom. folder respective to the region of the flight saved.

That is correct ....  I think .....  but the peculiar thing is that if I now copy any of the five different  lclookup.bgl file and start the flight saved the problem doesn't occur.

I can't understand tha  because, if the problem is a lclookup.bgl no correct in Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder, .... why if I copy any of them the problem doesn't occur ???

Perhaps there is anything that I take not into acount ????

Best regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Hi Gomez,

you're correct that Global Base, Vector, and openLC ll belong in the "Global" series of products and the Group of the same name in FTX Central. Also correct that for flying over Australia it's best to activate the Oceania group.

I believe you're saying that, even though you've selected Global/hybrid and then used the Apply Group button to activate it, the date stamp of lclookup in \Scenery \Base\scenery doesn't match that of the one stored in \ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_hybrid? If that's true then something is preventing FTX Central from swapping that file (and possible others), which could explain those display issues. This could be due to Windows access permission settings (right-click on a folder, Properties, then Security tab) or some overzealous antivirus software (which sould be set the specifically exclude the FSX/P3D directories from active scanning).

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger for your answer  .... I have been testing in depth after it, and everything seems to be correct ... I have changed a lot of times  in the Central among Global, Global+Hybrid and Oceania and always the lclookup.bgl file at Scenery/Base/scenery is the correct one :

.... if Global or Global+Hybrid are the Apply Group the lclookup.bgl file is the 24/07/2015 one

.... if Oceania is the Apply Group the lclookup.bgl file is the 25/01/2009 one

Always matching with the one in the custom. folder respective to the Apply Group

I have not been able to get the error again and I am thinking about two possibilities :

- That the problem occurs after having received the error  "Error switching region"

Sometimes I receive this message when Apply Group, but I ignore it, push Apply Group again, and now without error message. I don't know the reason of this message

-  The second possibility  .... may be that I don't change the Group correctly ... I use to take care of that, but may be an error of mine

In any case, I am going to continue checking it along my flights and if the problem persevere I'll come back here again.

Thanks and regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

PD - I have not any antivirus installed and always enter as Administrator

Archived