Getting started

Lectrolouis

O/N    458283

Hi guys

moved over from the general part, I see it might be the right place.

I have managed to remove the FSX   Software but now need to move the new files from Internet download manager, via 7Z to the FSX program.  Struggling as we speak. The files seem to be compressing in  Idm but how to get them into the FSX is my problem. 7Zip doesn't seem to allow the green add function and dragging across doesn't work.

Trying to sort it but any push in the right direction would help.

Well I managed to extract the zipped files (not via 7Z) and they are on the C drive.

FSX is clear of all the previous scenery addons but does not find the new files on the C drive.  I am in the settings part of FSX but only see the compressed files in that heading IE the C drive doesn't show the seven Global files which I extracted.

Back to generic scenery which of course is primitive. Help please.

Once you've extracted the files from the zip, you need to right click on the .exe file and run it as administrator to start the installation, then follow the on-screen instructions.

then you need to download, unzip and install the ORBX libraries, which should also install for you also the programme FTX Central 2, from where you can set your regions etc.

Good luck!

Jack

The file you have downloaded is named OrbxFTXGlobal140.zip.

To view it, you need to open Windows File Explorer.

You should see this

1.jpg

However, because they are inside a .zip file, the files you see on the right

are all compressed.

These are not the files that need to be put into FSX.

The next thing to do is to decompress (extract) the files to a folder outside the

.zip.

Using 7zip, Winzip or as I am WinRar, right clicking on the .zip file will show the option

to extract the files. Do this to a folder of your choice.

In this case, the files are in a folder I created, named unzipped.

2.jpg

Once again, these are not the files to be put into FSX

but they are ready for installation into FSX.

The next step is to right click on the .exe file, the bottom one with the Orbx icon

if you cannot see the .exe part.

Select Run as administrator from the menu that appears.

3.jpg

The installation process will then begin.

You must enter all the information that is requested and

carefully read and follow the various instructions.

At each stage, allow the installer to complete before moving on.

Hi Guys

I just purchased the FTX Global sofware ( O/N  458283 ) and downloaded to Internet Download Manager.

Removed FSX software from the FSX and extracted to new software file to the C Drive.

Now when I go to run the FSX game I am back to generic scenery also the settings are worse than before.  The help page for installing the FTX assume I know how to install.  Not so.

Can you suggest how I might get the new software loaded please?

So now we are there.  The FSX takes a while to load now due to the information on there but runs well but I need to get the settings right now.  Light coloured boxes appear in the distance but once you get near they are just light patches on the terrain.

The scenery, trees and sky are very good, just the buildings are not quite right yet.

You can tell I'm a silver surfer from my lack of PC knowledge, still thanks for the help given to me on here.

I found the pdf file telling all about the FTX Global and set the FSX sliders to the suggested settings.  Much better.  All I need to find now is where the autogen setting are :-(

Archived