Planning to buy SSD, how to move P3Dv3.1 to it?

Holy Cheese

Hi all,

am planning to get a 1GB SSD as well as a new 980Ti graphics card to upgrade my PC.

I already have P3Dv3.1 plus a few addons installed on my existing D:\ drive. Am I right in assuming that I can install the new SSD, copy the contents of my D:\ drive to it, then re-name existing drive to F:\ (already have an E:\) and then re-name the new SSD to D:\ - would this keep everything intact in the registry so that there is no need to re-install anything?

Thanks for any input.

Jack

I take it that's  a 1TB ssd, use free software ( Google) to image your drive now and transfer it to your ssd drive. The one I use is paragon free backup (image).

You do not need to format the ssd because the software will do it for you when moving the image.

Thats one way of doing it - manny others.

Denis B

I just came thru this situation. I bought a brand new SSD. I use a different approach cause I wanted to fly right away. I just move all big directories* to my new second SSD and create symbolic links. This way I didn't change my configuration at all and put all data on a dedicated SSD without affected my current situation.

It's in french and here is the step by step process described on my blog : http://20-100-video.blogspot.fr/2016/01/prepar3d-sur-son-propre-ssd.html

* Don't know why P3D refused to start when Orbx region set to NA if I move the whole Prepar3D directory

Archived