ENNO Graphic Glitch

FLighT

Disappearing dock area. As I was test flying ENNO after install I came upon this curious issue, I was able to reproduce it 3 times on my rig so I'm guessing it's genuine.

As I approach the dock area displays, at some point it disappears, fly on a bit further and it reappears.

2016-1-30_9-2-45-749.jpg

2016-1-30_9-3-19-806.jpg

Anyone else observe this?

I rebooted FSX, keeping TrackIR and ASN off, took another series of the same spot, same result.

2016-1-30_9-41-35-840.jpg

2016-1-30_9-41-41-332.jpg

2016-1-30_9-41-49-803.jpg

Aside from Orbx this box has no other scenery products, and when I fly Region Packs I disengage all FSGlobal entries in scenery library, Mesh Complexity id 100 and Mesh Res is 5m. I can only seem to trigger it taking off from RW 12, not in the other direction, and it may also be altitude dependent. I paused the flight at one point of disappearance and slewed up seeing this spot reappear/disappear.

I rebooted FSX a third time keeping all addons off and turned off UT2 manually before loading the flight. Still happens, if this is one of those afad related things its way above my pay grade to figure out.

Hi there flight.

Are you using addons like ezdoc?

This might be a bounding box issue, as these buildings are in the same model file as the rest of the buildings around the airport. I haven't noticed that happening before, but will for sure investigate further!

Finn

No Ezdoc or other camera or video type programs other than TrackIR (which uses a camera to track where I look). But it happens whether I start TrackIR or not. Happens if I'm well right of that spot but still over the water as well. I haven't tried any other aircraft other than the trike but I'd be surprised if it has anything to do with aircraft type.

Edit: just tried it in the A2A J3, same experience, on then off then on. I always notice as I approach the area there's a lot of ground mesh shuffling going on. Funny it doesn't happen in the other direction, but in the other direction I do get some momentary, singular, stutters or very short duration pauses.

Finn, I thought I had a possible solution with a conflict between the AP and OLC Europe2 in the scenery library but I was wrong. I'm still trying different things.

I can pause the sim at the location and have the appearance/disappearance thingy happen with changes in panning viewing angle and zoom level even with the plane stationary.

I'm happy to know it's not just my install. And do note, it happens top me with plain vanilla FSX Accel in dx9 so I'm guessing this is an across the board issue with the various platforms.

Thanks for looking into this.

Archived