Crash to Desktop when flying over FTX Regions

Markito

Dear members of the support team,

I cannot tell you exactly sonce when I am experiencing this problem. Probably after migrating to Windows 10 and after reinstalling gradually several FTX regions. When flying with FTX Central settings set to "global", no CTD occurr. Once I select hybrid mode or even with regions activated, I experience CTD after flying a while. That happened several times over different regions (both in Europe and North America.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Any help and/or hint appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I deleted my order numbers, simply just to follow new signature rules I came across on the forum pages. Is it all right to provide the one of the last product bought, i.e. SOCAL? I put it on my profile and updated also my signature. Thanks...

Cheers,

Yes, downloaded it and put it on FSX root folder. I had done this long before, due to the fact of having experienced similar issues with the P... Triple Seven.

I am just wondering why these CTD do not occurr when I switch to global settings.

Thanks for your patience, Nick...

Well, once Windows 10 has allowed an increase of general FSX settings, I have done so, and I haven't had any FPS issues. FSX itself is smoother with Win 10. I guess I have to lower a little bit those settings. Will try out flying with lower settings during the weekend.

Can't find the windows error report under Win 10...

Thanks again

Same issues: even lowering general settings in FSX didn't help. Switching back to "global" everything is fine. So, would uninstalling and reinstalling of FTX regions help? But FTX Central only gives the option of unstalling SOCAL region.

Another question: do I really need FSUIPC so that FTX sceneries work?

Thanks again.

You don't need to uninstall anything, you can simply un tick the scenery library entries for

the region you want to disable.

If this doesn't make a noticeable difference, you can then put the ticks back.

FSUIPC is not required at all for the FTX products but it can prevent a G3D.DLL error.

You cannot say what is causing your error, so I was trying to cover as many possibilities

as I could think of.

There is no requirement to register (pay for) FSUIPC to have it installed enough to prevent the error.

Thank you for your reply, Nick. I have already had a free version of FSUIPC installed. I think it came with some of the sceneries/aircraft I bought, but cannot tell you when/where.

Normally, I untick scenery items (whole regions in the case of FTX), which I do not need.

I will try to find FSUIPC and then I'll get back to you.

Thanks a lot again.

Archived