No Winter Textures

tdavart

I'm not getting winter textures in either FSX-SE or P3Dv3. The month is set for January and all I see are late fall textures, bare trees and brownish ground. I also see a few patches of green deciduous trees. The snow covered area is Welshpool.

259159.jpg

257949.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

in that case the default seasons.bgl file is active, which indeed doesn't call snow textures during the winter months. As you know the Orbx UK airports are designed to work with FTX England, and thus Welshpool is compiled to match the ENG seasons control file. If you want to retain your current setup you either need to pick a different month or load a weather situation with active snowfall, which will force the local landclass textures to switch to the hard-winter variant regardless of the active seasons control file.

Cheers, Holger 

On 4.2.2016 at 6:51 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

in that case the default seasons.bgl file is active, which indeed doesn't call snow textures during the winter months. As you know the Orbx UK airports are designed to work with FTX England, and thus Welshpool is compiled to match the ENG seasons control file. If you want to retain your current setup you either need to pick a different month or load a weather situation with active snowfall, which will force the local landclass textures to switch to the hard-winter variant regardless of the active seasons control file.

Cheers, Holger 

Holger,

is what I found here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/110301-season-glitches/ the same issue? What about the trees?

Greetings,

Bermuda425

Hi there,

sorry, no idea what's going on with the lack of snow during mid-winter in northern NA or the "confusion" as to the seasonal variant of trees. Both landclass ground textures and their associated autogen vegetation types are strictly controlled by the active seasons control file. Object switching plug-ins like SODE or Objectflow only affect custom 3D objects. Moreover, only the FTX Regions include their own local seasons control file and anything outside of those will be goverened by the default global control file unless you installed a third-party control file (as far as I know we're the only ones offering custom control files but I can't be 100% sure on this).

The only other way to not see winter textures when the control file assigns winter for that location and date is if the texture sets themselves don't contain winter textures. All of our landclass textures come with complete seasonal variants meaning unless someone purposely switches the seasonal variants they would always display correctly.

In those areas not working correctly on your PC, do the textures switch to hard-winter if you select a weather situation with active snowfall, e.g., Winter Wonderland?

Cheers, Holger

Archived