2 questions from a openLC user

MightyMarc

Hey all,

First off this is with windows 10 and fsx-se.

My first problem is the ORBX LIBRARIES...

Every time I installed the LIBs my framerates plummet.

I have traced it down to updating the LIBs.

I install Global, frames stay the same...

I install openLC Canada, frames stay the same.

I update the LIBs and frames plummet.

I have done this 5 separate times now.

I do a clean install, test frames, then install just stevesDX10 fixer, global, then openlc, then libs

All 5 times the frames are around 70fps at KLAX maxed out and then plummet to 35 when I install the LIBs.

I have a 4790k @ 4.4ghz, 980ti, 32gb ram and a 1TB SSD.

Is there anyway I can get my farm houses for openLC Canada without installing LIBs, because I refuse to have my frames plummet a 6th time.

All the other autogen shows up except the farm land houses. If it has lots of farm land then only the trees show up so I guess the farm buildings are hidden away in the LIBs.

Anyway I can get the files for the farm houses sent to me. (I'm asking ORBX to do that so its legal)

I posted my purchase numbers from FSS below to help you verify I'm the owner of the product.

I also added tons of add-ons on my 6th install so I would have to reinstall everything if LIBS breaks the frames.

My second question is, when I installed orbx global it came with these 4 openLC areas...

Shouldn't the openLC Canada/Alaska add-on have installed new areas?

Why are the same 4 areas from global still there and no new ones from openLC Canada/Alaska?

Are these the right entries for my scenery library if I have GLOBAL and OPENLC installed?

Should there be anymore that might not be installed?

Thanks to all, and its a great product that changed my sim to look so real...

FSS order # FSS0410247 & FSS0404626

IMG_0569.thumb.JPG.b8e00aa184499b9c3d6d2

Hi there,

thanks for the kind words.

As long as you don't have the Orbx Libraries installed you're missing many of the Orbx custom autogen assets, meaning fewer objects are displayed, including the 3D lights, which probably explains the difference in fps. The Los Angeles metro area is one of the hardest on PC resources so it's no big surprise that your frames drop by quite a bit with sliders full right and all standard and custom autogen assets being displayed.

Your second observation isn't quite correct: the ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2 entry only gets installed with openLC NA Canada/Alaska; the other three get installed with Global Base and contain some global fixes to issues with the default landclass file and also the openLC EU demo coverage of the Baltic states. Once the second part of openLC NA becomes available it'll add more entries (NAMERICA3, NAMERICA4, etc.), similar to the full version of openLC EU.

Cheers, Holger

is there anyway to get just certain files, like the ones for farm houses?

btw thanks for the help...

If you don't mind me asking, do you all plan to still use a lot of the stock assets with openlc NA (50 USA states)

I don't mind losing some assets like the Canada version, hopefull the USA version will still keep a lot of stock buildings...

Hi there,

nope, with the libraries it's all or nothing, unless you start digging through individual files and checking for specific models. That won't help you though because removing the objects (and not the placement files) will make the sim run endless search loops trying to find them, which, at best will cause stutters, and possibly memory leaks as well.

Not sure what you mean by "stock assets". Most of the autogen we place are standard (rectangular) buildings and "cruciform" trees, albeit with our custom texture sheets that allow for much better regional differentiation/accuracy than the default versions. In addition, there are a whole bunch of custom and generic buildings and bridges placed throughout the US in the default sim but those aren't landclass autogen objects and thus aren't altered or removed by the openLC products.

Cheers, Holger

what I mean is 90% of the autogen still shows in openlc Canada, so it must be using stock buildings with your textures...

is that whats happening, because again, 90% of the autogen still shows up in Canada, its just the farmhouses that don't.

so since I don't have the orbx libs, it must be the stock stuff, or am I wrong?

Archived