No Ice on the Ocean / Request

Hi,

I think it would be really a fantastic thing to have ice on the ocean as well, not only on rivers and lakes. This would add a tremendous amount of truth to the depiction of the antarctic and, especially, the arctic area. Currently, there's none, there's absolutely no ice at the north pole, see this thread.

A lot of intercontinental flights are going over this area of the earth, so in fact it is no so remote and unimportant as one might think. Ice was there without Global products, so why is it gone?

I suggest the following: define a new "coastline" for the ice shelf in its summer extension. The limits don't have to be exact since the ice is constantly drifting and moving so there's no need for exactness. Perhaps it is possible to add the winter extension of the ice cap with the same technique as the winterly ice on rivers and lakes.

Sorry, but the world without the polar ice is just not realistic. I would love to see it as an update to Vector, but I would be also willing to pay 10-20€ for a convincing add-on covering the issue.

P.S. The milky white area you see in the screen captures below is the map view. The ice is there in map view since the map view doen't seem to be from FTX Global. The water you see beneath the aircraft is the actual scenery.

2016-1-16_3-26-5-405.jpg

2016-1-16_3-30-23-518.jpg

2016-1-16_3-27-26-803.jpg

2016-1-16_3-31-36-292.jpg

Archived