Lots of glitches and problems

LeightonPC

Hi there,

I am having a lot of issues with my scenery. First off a lot of the textures are not where they should be. Like with my NZ scenery there is no water in the ocean... Some of it is in the cities and in the air and I get big walls pop up in front of me. This happens in AU and with my airports there too. Is this my computer or the scenery? My last question is with YMML, it looks really low quality photoreal... Is that what it is meant to be because I can barely make out the taxi lines with it.

I have reset and redownloaded multiple times. I am fed up with it to be honest.

Thanks,

Leighton

I have gotten some screenshots from in game for you. You should be able to see how it progressively gets worse to an unplayable point... Worth noteing because it is hard to portray in screenshots but the autogen changes all the time, different textures will replace the mountain with a city for one second and then sand the next. http://steamcommunity.com/id/suddendarkness/screenshots/ I have tried disabling and reenabling the scenery both in FSX and in FTX

27 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

Hi Leighton,

Please try the solution posted here 

If that does not resolve the issue we'll look further

Cheers!

From what I can tell that has solved the issue. I will do a proper flight in a few hours and that will tell if it is truly fixed.

3 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Hi Leighton,

Please try the solution posted here 

If that does not resolve the issue we'll look further

Cheers!

Hi there,

After flying from NZCH for 30 min the airborn textures started again. Also worth noting, all the places where there are meant to be lights are just black squares. This is driving me nuts xD I had already had to do my preflight 3 times due to issues with my nav data and now the whole flight is useless.

The black boxes are as a result of running FSX in Direct X 10 preview mode.

If you visit the in-game Display settings window, un-tick the Direct X 10 preview box and restart

the simulator, the black boxes will be gone.

There are two fixes available if you wish to keep using the Direct X 10 preview mode.

The first is freeware and can be found at the Avsim library, shader_release_v3.2.3.zip.

The second is payware and can be found here.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

The black boxes are as a result of running FSX in Direct X 10 preview mode.

If you visit the in-game Display settings window, un-tick the Direct X 10 preview box and restart

the simulator, the black boxes will be gone.

There are two fixes available if you wish to keep using the Direct X 10 preview mode.

The first is freeware and can be found at the Avsim library, shader_release_v3.2.3.zip.

The second is payware and can be found here.

Thank you,

Is there much benefit to running it with DX10? And if so is there much difference between the payware and freeware fixes?

Thank you for everyone's help. This is just another reason on why I buy ORBX scenery. 

After turning off DX10 preview all the issues seem to be gone. I am going to do another flight tonight and will report back if the issue is not solved but for now thank you!

Leighton

Archived