Re-installing YSCB & YSCH

Aussieflyer38

Hi Guys, still reinstalling some of my software. Two latest ones YSCH is a download from FSS, YSCB is from a DVD I purchased also from FSS, so two different types of install. When I fly in or out of these two airports, all I have is the default scenery. Not sure what I've done wrong as in the past, they have installed perfectly. Can somebody help please. Thanks.

Don

11 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Hi, have you checked in the FSX library if these sceneries has been activated? Did you switch on Australia in FTX central clicking on apply? If the installations went fine, maybe they hasn't been activated in the library for some reason.

Hi, When you say activated, I assume you mean the box is ticked, which they are. As I fly mainly in Australia, PNG and NZ, my AU SP3 is in Oceania mode. I haven't changed anything there and have just downloaded and re-installed about 40 programs. The others installed okay, that's why I'm mystified as to why this is happening. On completion of the downloads, I get the message that they have been installed successfully. If they are installed successfully, why aren't they activated and overriding the default ones? Got me beat.

Thanks for your input.   

8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Hi  don  try opening up your  ftx  and  just  switch  from one  region to another clicking  apply ,  did  you download the latest libs  after  your  installed   the  airports

Hi Pete, thanks for the help, unfortunately it didn't work, and yes I do have the latest libs installed. It's worse than I thought, this afternoon I thought I'd check a few others, and I have a lot most probably all my airport files affected. This only happened in the last couple of days. I've tried to retrace what I've done and can't come up with a cause. The only thing is I   purchased YMML and I think that's when the trouble started. I think I'll delete it and see what happens. I can always  download it again.

Don   

Hi Don, yes, i meant what you said, even the last advice, to switch from one region to another and clicking apply was good, let's say it's very strange that if the scenery are ticked in your scenery library, they don't produce any effect. The only clue it cames in my mind is that the order of the scenery was wrong in the library, anyway installing the latest library it corrects also this aspect. Anyway, could you post some shots of the scenery library to check if everything is ok?

Just now, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Hi Don, yes, i meant what you said, even the last advice, to switch from one region to another and clicking apply was good, let's say it's very strange that if the scenery are ticked in your scenery library, they don't produce any effect. The only clue it cames in my mind is that the order of the scenery was wrong in the library, anyway installing the latest library it corrects also this aspect. Anyway, could you post some shots of the scenery library to check if everything is ok?

Thanks mate I appreciate your help. It seems there is something screwed up with the YMML I just recently purchased from FSS, I have just removed it and everything is back to normal. Well I think so, I have only flown out of three airports that were affected and they are okay now. Tomorrow I'll check a few more just to be sure, but it's looking pretty good. Thanks

Don  

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Hi  don  try opening up your  ftx  and  just  switch  from one  region to another clicking  apply ,  did  you download the latest libs  after  your  installed   the  airports

It's the YMML  file Pete. As you can see from the above post, deleted it and everything is back to normal.

Thanks mate

Don

I don't know what to think Don, i am happy that everything is fine now, but i don't explain myself how an airport could affect the others in different areas, it's the first time i hear it. And if you uninstall YMML everything returns back to work, but the libraries are still in your pc, the thing that most airports could have in common. It would be interesting to understand which is the problem, but it's difficult without to know which file can be the responsible, and if there have been other cases like yours.

33 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

It's the YMML  file Pete. As you can see from the above post, deleted it and everything is back to normal.

Thanks mate

Don

Hi Don, I've been flying with FSX and Orbx Australia for a long time, what I do to combat that (it happens from time to time), is to put ALL of the Orbx Scenery files at the top when you open Scenery Library, because what happens to me is say I load up at YSCH (yes I own it, was my first airport after Orbx Australia) was I got Default AND Orbx scenery so the taxiway markers were in the middle of the taxiway, I put all the Orbx Scenery files (Australia AND Airports AND Mesh / OZX) to the top and voilà it worked.

Matt aka VH-MNB

:lol:

14 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks mate

Don

Good news   and  don't  touch  anything  else  for  the next few  weeks

Archived