Installing ORBX to P3D 3.1

Hi

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm a little unsure of what to do. I have today purchased P3D 3.1 or whatever is the latest and will be doing a clean install. 1. Do I just install all my regions and Global from the version 3 installers already available or do I need to wait for 3.1 installers? 2. Do I need to download the entire files again?

Any help much appreciated
Many Thanks

simdown42

Global FSS0242244

Hello,

Yes, you will need installers for version 3 and if you don't have them stored,

you will need to download them from your account page at the FSS.

There is no separate installer for version 3.1.

There is a list of P3D v3 ready products here, you might care to bookmark

the link for future reference.

If you can leave your previous version up it will help you. 

You then can install your P3Dv3.1 in a new folder and hopefully on another drive.  Load up all of the new v3 software.  Run Central and reboot.

THEN COPY / MOVE your older ORBX and other AC to the appropriate file locations.

SAVE and RESTART computer.  RUN CENTRAL.  RUN VECTOR'S AEC. 

RESTART and START P3D.  Though your older scenery will not show in CENTRAL, when you look at your scenery library the older scenery will be there.  The only issue I see is some missing FLOW items.  This I can live with.  Who cares if the windsock is frozen at 25kts.  At least you have all your payware present.

I keep my old FSX on a drive and fully installed just for migration purposes.  Since I own all the ORBX software, I will never find the day that all of my software will be compatible with the newer P3D.  It is just what it is.

Not everything is perfect!

1 hour ago, UAL1035 said:

Quick Question: I bought Central Rockies, England and Australia Regions on DVD from a Retailer. Is there a possibility of obtaining the P3D Installers from Orbx? or will I have to repurchase through FSS?

Cheers

Click on link below :

Archived