Snow covered ground in snow free UK..

eglk

FSS0377263

Happy New Year to all at ORBX!!

The UK/Europe is having a very mild winter, but since the New Year my flights have had snow textures beneath despite it being plus 10C here in England... Flights from/to LSGG and EGAC from EGLF have had snow on the ground all the way.  Is it possible to deselect the winter visage?  I'm using ASN and Rex textures for my FSX:SE weather. Snow looks very nice, but I'd rather have ground textures as nature intends...

Thank you...

"EGLK"

Hi there,

you can deactivate the custom seasons file by renaming "seasons_FTX_UK+IRL.bgl", located in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM\scenery, to .bgl.OFF.

A copy of this file exists in each of the four Great Britain and Ireland products meaning also in:

\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\scenery

\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_SCO_08_CUSTOM\scenery

\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\scenery

all of which would need to be deactivated, depending which regions you have installed.

Note that any photoreal areas made for or adapted to those four FTX regions will be hard-coded to follow the seasonal progression of its seasons control file meaning deactivating the control file may put them out of sync visually. Thus, it may just be simpler to switch your date to February or back to December, in which case only higher elevations will show snow on the ground.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks guys, much appreciated!!  Easy remedy, it looks like the only snow we'll have this winter in the southern UK?  Be great if we could move it that easily when it does come...

Thank you again for the very speedy replies.

"EGLK"

Archived