Facing south at CYSE kills FPS

Demious

I just completely reinstalled my system and all runs above expectation, with exception of CYSE, which has severe FPS problems.

On all airports, FTX as well as other addons, I'm getting 40-50FPS. Even T2G KSEA, I can keep up 30FPS with heavy clouds. Only CYSE just KILLS my FPS!

As long as I'm facing north, it isnt that bad and I can still fly with around 30FPS, but as soon as I'm facing south, FPS drops to less than 10FPS and flying is just impossible.

What can I do to fix this?

Something has always been wrong at Squamish Airport, somehow around the harbor / university something is killing the fps.(and also creates blurries).

My experience is:

1. reflection of moutains in water kills fps (image is computed x2)

2. high def photoreal on mountains uses alot of fps. It is easy to see why, if you face multiple valley with 45% slope the amount of bitmap to project / hide computation is multiplied compared to flying above flat ground. Also the amount of texture close to the plane increases (higher rez are also slower to load and display)

3. scenary object reflected in water kills fps (detailled object is computed x2)

4. animation kills fps

so the have the full monty there.

28 minutes ago, DesertPilot said:

One suggestion is to try tweaking CYSE's Control Panel options.  CYSE has a long list of options associated with it.

Correct.  Turn off all those options you don't need and stick with the ones you do need.  Check out the user guide.  It has several examples of settings you can use and under what circumstances to use them.

Join the club.

If shutting off features in the control panel does not help as much as you would like, then you can try and do what I did...which is to shut off some features manually.

These two particularly the lighting will help...there must be a 1000 light poles running in this scenery and shutting them off really helped me.

ORBX_CYSE_housing.bgl.xxx

ORBX_CYSE_lighting.bgl.xxx

And another two that might help.

ORBX_CYSE_ground_markings.bgl.xxx

ORBX_CYSE_static_water.bgl.XXX

Archived