Elevation Issues Orbx/Aerosoft?

FSX101

Sirs,

I have a lot of Orbx scenery installed and always run the Vector elevation correction tool. My other sceneries are a few from Aerosoft which usually all works together fine. However, having some sort of elevation problem after installing Svolvaer X and Flamingo. Just wondering if there is possibly an Orbx adjustment I could make. Have already posted on Aerosoft forum with no success yet, even after checking all install recommendations. These screenshots are from Svolvaer X, same issue with Flamingo.

Thank you,

Curtis

FSS0342169

FSS0338926

FSS0338926

ENSH_gate.jpg

ENSH_gate1.jpg

Hi Curtis,

I found this same problem when I installed the same airport into ftx Norway last night. The interesting thing is I only got the problem in FSX-SE, it installed into P3dv3.1 fine and blends nicely with the fantastic Norway scenery.

I tried disableing the two bgl files for ENSH Svolvaer in the orbx Norway scenery file but it made no difference.

It occurred to me that I had never used this airport in SE so I am wondering if the problem was there before the installation of the aerosoft files as I disabled the new files and still have a problem.

Is it a FSX-SE problem? which sim are you using?

wedge1047,

I'm using FSX with Orbx Global, Vector, openLC Europe installed. My problem seems to show when selecting gate 1 or 2 as starting points. Also, if landing at this airport, all seems fine as far as the elevation. Can taxi right up to the gates with no difference in elevation between my aircraft and the static aircraft.

Thank you,

Curtis

FSS0342169

FSS0338926

FSS0338926

2 hours ago, FSX101 said:

Yes sir, please look under Svolvaer display not normal.

Thank you,

Curtis

FSS0342169

FSS0338926

FSS0338926

I'll give you an answer over there tommorow, currently not sitting in front of my FS PC

I am using FSX-SE so used the appropriate radio button on the installer. Intead  of using the main sim folder in appdata/roaming/microsoft  the installer created a new FSX-SE folder for the dll files. Moving these to the main folder cured my problem.

The sim folder at this location is marked FSX only, normal when steam is the only  version of FSX installed. Strangely, I installed another aerosoft product into the sim on the same day and that worked okay.

Cheers Reg

ps, I did not elaborate because I did not see this as an Orbx issue so therefore this is not the place to discuss it.

Archived