FTX England - black objects beside roads

Mobeer

Having just installed FTX England alongside FSX Steam Edition, I get: many black objects appearing beside roads (screenshot attached).

Diagnostic Reported in FTX Central gives this code:
ote4d3328690638dd2e836909f2b8ecffc

Has this been seen before?

fsx_black_objects.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Yes, this is one of the most commonly asked questions here, since you enquire.

It is the result of running FSX in Direct X 10 preview mode and is cured in one of three ways.

The first is to visit the in-game Display settings page and un-tick the Direct X 10 preview box.

The second is to go to the Avsim file library and download the freeware fix, file name

shader_release_v3.2.3.zip.

The third is to buy the excellent Direct X 10 fixer which will repair virtually all the errors in the

previously unfinished Direct X 10 mode.

A Happy New Year to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help Nick. I used the Avsim file shader_release_v3.2.3.zip and this solved the problem for me. It would be nice if the software worked when first installed.

Anyway the England scenery is a vast improvement over FSX - glad I bought it and I'd recommend it to others.

• 1 year later...

For those of us that use Steve's DX10 fixer, note that the DX10 controller interface can sometimes indicate that your libraries are installed and up to date even though some have gone missing. So if you get this problem even though you have Steve's DX10 fixer installed, uninstall your libraries and then click install to get e fresh set. It's probable that you will get one or more error messages when you attempt to uninstall your libraries.

This happened to me this afternoon and re installing the libraries fixed the black objects.

regards.

Pontius.

Archived