weird water textures on land

Kimo

Installed openlceu and vector today and now have some problems at rotterdam harbour near EHRD running p3d v2.5

I tried fixing my library insertion point it is just above bathymetry now.

I tried applying  hybrid and non hybrid.

I rebuild my terrain.cfg accordance to http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/ 

Nothing seems to fix and running out of idea's. diagnostic report ota88da67a2aea0885a070ff976910905b

bJ8MFeC.jpg

JsEc1lU.jpg

Hi there,

the texture morphing also happens if you have a local landclass file active at higher priority than the openLC Europe entries; in that case the sim gets confused which landclass textures to display and picks random sets instead. Check what's above your openLC block and deactivate any that might contain landclass files.

Cheers, Holger

Hi thanks for your quick response.

Disabled all entry's above the openlc in scenery library it made no difference.

The only way I seem to get rid of the water is apply orbx Norway. That seems to fix all the water patches, but this is obviously not the way to fly in the netherlands.

When I switch back to global the water patches come back.

capture_28122015_2227.jpg

Hi Kimo,

I note you have FreeMeshX Europe LOD10 & Patches, your picture shows an area in Rotterdam (EHRD) Europe, they are currently listed at the top of your Scenery library insertion, something to take into consideration is the location of your FreeMeshX, please read the install tutorial here:http://www.avsim.com/topic/469373-freemeshx-installation-tutorial/ paying special attention to where to prioritise them in the Scenery Library (note the pics in the tutorial show FSX setting panels) see last picture for proper placement.

1 hour ago, paralipsis said:

I thought mesh priority was determined by LOD, not scenery library order.

Quite true paralipsis, FSX/P3D will load the highest available LOD mesh, other meshes seem to be resampled SRTM LOD9 - LOD11, but FreeMeshX is LOD10 and I could not see any other Meshes such as FSG2010 or FSGenesis, so I thought it best to place FreeMeshX at correct priority just to eliminate any possible conflict. (Just a guess on my part, problem solving is a process of elimination)

Hi guys,

terrain mesh won't have any influence on this problem. I just double-checked in my P3Dv2.5 and the area displays as intended with either Global/hybrid or non-hybri. Perhaps it's an issue with the core landclass replacement files that cause the incorrect textures to display. Kimo, you may want to download and install the latest libraries, then start up FTX Central and cycle once between different groups. Doing so should insure that the correct core files are being loaded.

https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

Re-installed the latest libraries, switched region and then back to global still the same problem.

Changed season to summer, nighttime disabled some thing in vector configurator still the same.

During some flights I have spotted some other place with morphing textures but 97% is good.

Hi Kino,

very odd. After switching FTX Central to Global with the hybrid checkbox active, please compare the file dates of lclookup.bgl in \ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_hybrid and \Scenery\BASE\Scenery; are they the same, dated July 23, 2015? Also, check how many files you have in \Scenery\World\texture, there should be about 11,400.

Trying to figure out whether you have a file access permission issue or perhaps an incomplete installation of Global Base.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

Yes still the same problem. 

Checked the folder you mentioned and looks good 3531 in texture and 8 in texture.

Is there a way to re-install global and openlcEU ?

Hi there,

for FTX Global you can just re-install over the top of the existing installation, just skip the optional texture backup step. For openLC EU delete the OLC_EU1 to OLC_EU10 folders in \ORBX\FTX_OLC\ just prior to starting the re-installation. Don't forget to then start FTX Central afterwards to select Global-hybrid and then press Apply Group.

Cheers, Holger 

Hello Holger,

I have a similar problem from to-day, after months of flying with no OLC problem at all.

I got the waterareas apperaring and diappearing when flying from Edmonton to Saskatoon.

I produced a diagnostic report with the following code: ot4c48b7950cadaa58bcc62f20c4f7e956.

By the way I did follow your advise above.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

Hans

Gegevens voor ORBX forum.docx

Hi Holger,

I have again ticked the hybrid box on and off and on again. That worked apparently. I could fly over a beautiful snow covered Canadian landscape from Saskatoon to The Pas with no problem at all.

Thanks

Hans

Hi Holger,

I have again ticked the hybrid box on and off and on again. That worked apparently. I could fly over a beautiful snow covered Canadian landscape from Saskatoon to The Pas with no problem at all.

Thanks

Hans

Archived