FTX Central Exception

Siggy

Installed the SP3 DVD over my existing FTX products (I think that's ok as far as I recall having read here). When I clicked the 'Use ORBX Tress" and then "Apply" I got an exception (can one add screen shots here ? The msg editor only seems to insert img tags.). Anyway, the box said:

Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path

"....\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\scenerylib_!OZx.cfg"

Edit: Just started the Sim and although Australia is ticked there is no FTX active in FSX.

When I installed there were two installers but I think this is correct ? The 2nd one was very quick though. This is on Vista-64.

Cheers,

Siggy

Hi Wolter,

Thanks, tried that too but it makes no difference. I guess it's time to re-install.

I still have a few FTX AU installer entries. Shall I run their uninstall first before uninstalling SP3 ?

Cheers,

Siggy

Hi Siggy,

that's a bit odd indeed ???

out of the top of my head I cannot give you a straight answer, the thing should work when installed over the top of your existing install of all ORBX FTX products

As you have vista 64 did you install the SP3 DVD as administrator ?

OK, try this one please, make a backup first ;)

go to the Scripts folder within the ORBX folder in your FSX install, see if your .cfg files for the AU regions and addons are called "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg", of so delete that file or rename it to "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg.OFF",  then run the SP3 DVD installer again and make sure that you right click the exe and install it as administrator,

This BEFORE you embark on the grand redo it all tour ;)

Hi Wolter,

No luck here. After following your advise it complains about another .cfg file (some lib...cfg).

How am I supposed to uninstall FTX ? I cannot find any uninstaller or an installer entry in the control panel or in the ORBX start-menu folder.

Cheers,

Siggy

Hi Siggy,

Another option I can offer to get you sorted is that you connect to TeamSpeak if you have that, would a) save me a lot of typing and B) the same applies for you as well ;)

the IP for the VOZ _server = 74.86.75.232:9890

and no worries if you do not speak "Englisch" ich spreche auch Deutsch ;D

Hi Siggy,

that's a bit odd indeed ???

out of the top of my head I cannot give you a straight answer, the thing should work when installed over the top of your existing install of all ORBX FTX products

As you have vista 64 did you install the SP3 DVD as administrator ?

OK, try this one please, make a backup first ;)

go to the Scripts folder within the ORBX folder in your FSX install, see if your .cfg files for the AU regions and addons are called "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg", of so delete that file or rename it to "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg.OFF",  then run the SP3 DVD installer again and make sure that you right click the exe and install it as administrator,

This BEFORE you embark on the grand redo it all tour ;)

I wonder if this also relates to my problem reported below to which no one has responded yet. My files afetr installing over the original installation look like this:

Posted Image

With thanks to British Classic Files.

Norman

by the looks of your screenie FTX is not activated, when FTX is activated it should look as with the attached screenie I've just made.

Be aware that not all listings may apply as there also some beta entries in my list ;D

additional option is to manually edit the file names, and replace the liboff_ part with scenerylib_ ,

before you do that backup your files in case of a boo boo you can restore things to their original state

post-154-130203997664_thumb.jpg

Guest Tapey

Siggy,

The off state for the OZx cfg is

liboff_Aussie.cfg

The on state

scenerylib_!OZx.cfg

Which is slightly different renaming scheme to the other files due to a FTXConfigurator quirk.

Basically the error is saying its trying to rename liboff_Aussie.cfg to scenerylib_!OZx.cfg but scenerylib_!OZx.cfg already exists.

If the other files start with "liboff_..." then rename "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg" to "liboff_Aussie.cfg"

If the other files start with "scenerylib_..." then rename "liboff_Aussie.cfg" to "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg"

If you have both then delete the one that does not match the other config files.

If you have any ".off" files they should be renamed or deleted if they are duplicates.

Or

Try the attached utility to do the renaming for you.  :)

If you have any ".off" files they should be renamed or deleted if they are duplicates.

Unzip to a folder or the Desktop and run it.

Then try FTXCentral to see if all is well.

Wolter's advice of backing up your files is always a good idea. In this case take a copy of the *.cfg files in the \Orbx\Scripts folder.

LiboffRename.zip

by the looks of your screenie FTX is not activated, when FTX is activated it should look as with the attached screenie I've just made.

Be aware that not all listings may apply as there also some beta entries in my list ;D

additional option is to manually edit the file names, and replace the liboff_ part with scenerylib_ ,

before you do that backup your files in case of a boo boo you can restore things to their original state

Sorry, perhaps I have not been as clear as I might have been. I illustrated the files in my scripts folder as I thought that may have been a similar problem to the one you were discussiing. However I also have a futher eight files thereare named scenerylib........ I have run the ultility that Tapey supplied, and now all the liboff files have been deleted.

However, I am very concious that I have hi jacked another thread here, but as yet no one has answered the query that I posed about the SP3 installation. I would appreciate being able to carry on with my query there.

Norman

If the other files start with "liboff_..." then rename "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg" to "liboff_Aussie.cfg"

If the other files start with "scenerylib_..." then rename "liboff_Aussie.cfg" to "scenerylib_!OZx.cfg"

If you have both then delete the one that does not match the other config files.

Ron,

My installation had both versions of the files, liboff... and scenerylib...

After running your tool it all seems to be fine now.

Thanks,

Siggy

Hi Siggy,

Another option I can offer to get you sorted is that you connect to TeamSpeak if you have that, would a) save me a lot of typing and B) the same applies for you as well ;)

the IP for the VOZ _server = 74.86.75.232:9890

and no worries if you do not speak "Englisch" ich spreche auch Deutsch ;D

Hi Wolter,

Thanks for all your help. It was a bit too late for me to continue.

Cheers,

Siggy

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have same problem that above, tried to run the tool, but now I have a message

"Error in procedure LoadArray. Une exception de type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' a été levée."

when I run FTX Central.

When I try to open FSX, i've got a message telling FSX can't open, the Scenery file is not valid.

I hope you can help me, because if not I will have to reinstall my whole FSX, which would be a really hard work.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Strasbourg - Alsace - France

Michel

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your quick answer and sorry for that.

I enclose a copy of my present script file.

Posted Image

I think it's one of the freeware airport which causes the problem as I runned first Australia SP3 without any trouble.

Best regards

Hello Michel, sorry for the delay, if you post in somebody else's support thread, it can get lost sometimes, its best to make a separate new thread

Can you try running the 1.1 version of the YMAV airshow: http://myftx.com/FTX_AU_BLUE/YMAV_AIRSHOW_2009_V1.1.zip

I also see you have FTXMode.exe in your scripts folder, this we have not used in a long time, I recommend you install both the AU SP3.001 service pack + the latest ORBXlibs patch: http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Archived