Cannot install freeware orbx on FSX STEAM

barticus301

Hi guys can anyone help I am trying to install the freeware Rugen Airport EDCG into my FSX steam but when I try and install it i get this message

" Radio buttons 01 > On Next , Line 10: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Trace back:

1:Radio Buttons 01 > On Next] , Line: 10 in main chunk

It seams it cannot find my FSX i Have tried the registry fixer but it still seems not to be able to find it what am I doing wrong ??

Merry Christmas

Ive tried the FTX registry fix tool but when I use the registry fix tool I get this message " No Simulators found. The Orbx registry fix tool could not find any Orbx simulator definition files on your computer. Please try running FTX central v2 at least once to get these files. I have tried to install FTX Central but when it gets to which version in the drop down there is nothing there its just like it cant find my FSX. I bought my FSXSE online and for some reason instead of installing it into Microsoft Games steam installed it here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX. Ive only just got back into flight simulator after having a few years away and at the minute very confused.

Ahh I see wondered if that was the case not sure how I could install Steam somewhere else as Derek said as when I purchased the downloadable version of FSXSE Steam installed it in its folder so would imagine if I uninstalled steam I would uninstall my FSX confusing. I will purchase the FTX Global base and see what happens

The freeware airports will indeed work alone.

They are designed to work with FTX global base however.

I would suggest that you first attempt to install the Orbx libraries.

Then try the freeware airports again.

Your registry problem will need to be sorted out if this does not

do the trick.

Archived