SCA Vandenberg AFB KVBG

dominique

I have just completed my first flight from the small ragged strip in Carmel to Lompoc, and I like what I see. I really do ! A first glance at SCA only but it looks really, really good (loved Hearst castle !).

Allow me  a suggestion for a SP. At Vandenberg, the area between the sea and the RW12 threshold and North of that is not a wasteland. It is a area used by the USAF to launch test missiles and rockets.  Kind of a mil Cap Canaveral West.  The infrastructure is visible in Google Earth, this is no secret. Some autogen there and adequate textures would do marvel for the realism of SCA ! Not a big deal but this is an important landmark... for some people :) !

Hi Dominique,

good to hear you're enjoying SCA. It's a fair point about Vandenberg AFB but not something easy to address. As you can see on GE the individual launchpads are widely dispersed and it would take a lot of time to place them all as there's no readily available landclass type or autogen that would adequately model those. That's why we focused on the main launchpads in the south and even those few took a couple of hours to make look halfway decent. 

IMO, an area like Vandenberg would make for a great community freeware add-on. In fact, there are lots of interesting military locations throughout SCA that a group of enthusiasts, similar to OZx or RTMM, could tackle. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived