AI Traffic series freeware

edpatino

On page 10 of the FTX SCA Manual it says the following:

"The Control Panel will enable you to disable or enable a number of scenery features. The first four options are useful to experiment with if your PC struggles with frame rates or smooth display. The fifth option will add much more GA AI flights at SCA airports; it does require that our NA GA AI freeware package is installed already, available at https://fullterrain.com/freeware/ai"

To use that fifth option, I see that no P3Dv3 compatible files are available (just FSX and P3Dv1 and v2). Which AI traffic series files do I need to select then?. I obviously running P3Dv3.

Regards,

Edward

It's not listed as P3Dv3 compatible as such, but I asked here (somewhere!!) if it was OK (it is) ... before trying it in P3Dv3 (I've had it running fine in FSX and P3Dv2.5).

Just point it at the P3Dv3 folder on install and you'll be fine. I have both NA and Oceania versions running - *stunning* work on both - and *highly recommended*!

Adam.

EDIT: As it's not flagged as v3 compatible, you may not see a Control Panel for it in FTX Central. Just use the "Offline CP" option to get at it.

Hi again. Tried to install the NA AI traffic package, but the installer does not allow me to change the path to point it to P3Dv3.0. I have both P3Dv2.5 and P3Dv3.0 concurrently installed, probably that's the reason.

Any help other than uninstalling P3Dv2.5?.

Regards,

Edward

Arrrgh! My memory is pretty bad these days. Maybe I just copied over all the Traffic_FTX files over to scenery/world/scenery manually from my P3Dv2.5 install.

You'll need to copy the whole lot - including the .OFF files. I'm sure there's a post here on the forums about it ... somewhere!

Adam.

Thanks, Adam, I found the post (from Graham) you mention. I followed the instructions and did all the traffic files copy tasks from P3Dv2 to v3, and checked at least three times to verify and it was all ok, but something should be wrong as I don't see any ORBX traffic around the only one airport I have installed so far (in v3) from ORBX, KTVL (awaiting the new other installers for v3.x). I have all FTX terrain regions (US and AU) installed as well, and supposedly they contains improved airport to fly to/from. Do you think I'm still missing something?.

Regards,

Edward

Thanks, Adam, I found the post (from Graham) you mention. I followed the instructions and did all the traffic files copy tasks from P3Dv2 to v3, and checked at least three times to verify and it was all ok, but something should be wrong as I don't see any ORBX traffic around the only one airport I have installed so far (in v3) from ORBX, KTVL (awaiting the new other installers for v3.x). I have all FTX terrain regions (US and AU) installed as well, and supposedly they contains improved airport to fly to/from. Do you think I'm still missing something?.

Regards,

Edward

Regards,

Edward

Regards,

Edward

Archived