Bozeman Installation Error of file Beacon_Gr.fx

fisheye

Just bought Bozeman International tonight and it has error on installation with an Effect called fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx  A decompression error has occurred (#2026) Unkown decompression error.  I downloaded the file three times from three different servers with the same error message.  I finally pressed "Ignore" and went ahead with the installation the third time.  I ran vector configurator and started FSX.  I picked Bozeman Int. after first flying felts field which worked fine.  Bozeman subsequently crashed FSX.  I am lost as to what to do next since all the servers I tried downloaded the same error all three times from FSS. 

Order Number FSS0439249

Dated today 12-20-2015

bozeman error.JPG

G'day Fisheye,

This is a known minor issue with the KBZN installer - however the file in question has no effect on the scenery whatsoever and won't impact it in any way - see here for a recent post about it. 

It's highly unlikely that this would result in any CTD at the airport, and as such it would be prudent to look for the cause elsewhere. A couple of initial things to try:

1. Ensure your ORBXlibs are up-to-date, and that you have your FTX Central V2 Region set to North America. 

2. Check for any non-ORBX sceneries that may be possible causes of clashes - other terrain products, My Traffic airport modifications etc are good places to start.

3. Temporarily disable AI to see if this is causing you problems. 

4. If you can't ascertain the cause by this point, try temporarily disabling (un-check the entry) FTX_AA_KBZN in FSX. Reboot FSX with KBZN de-activated and see if you are still getting the crash. 

Lastly, what version of FSX are you using? Are you running in DX10 mode?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad;

Thank you for answering this message.  I bought the rest of the airports that you have done for NA in the same download yesterday that included Bozeman.  You are an artist and your work is beautiful.  Everything is working perfectly except for Bozeman. These downloads were installed yesterday,  NA KEKA Murray Field, NA KRDD Redding Municipal Airport, NA KSFF Felts Field Airport, and NA KBZN Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport.  Now I may have installed Bozeman incorrectly not expecting the error message.  The first two times it came up I cancelled the installation.  The last time I pressed "Ignore" and it continued.  I have no other entries out of the 5 Regions and 40 airports installed from FTX that cause this issue.  Granted I do have a OOM once in a while since I really enjoy the eye candy.  Could Bozeman be higher in VAS memory usage than the latest entry KFHR Friday Harbor ?  I think this is my heaviest loading airport I have in my collection.  I have adjusted my sliders to accommodate using KFHR so I never thought that Bozeman would be heavier so that may be the cause.  I will go back and try again and see what happens as long as you see no issue on how I installed Bozeman.  Thanks again for your input.  fisheye

FSS0439249

1 hour ago, fisheye said:

Jarrad;

NOTICE

Following your lead I found the solution in the posts you sent me to;  Everything is working perfectly now and the VAS is only 2.5GB.  The solution was to remove the existing YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx and YBUD_Beacon_Wh.fx  in the FSX Effects folder and reinstall Bozeman.  It installed normally and came up in FSX normally.  I am a happy camper and going back to flying.  Thanks for all of your help and looking forward to your next NA Airport.  Ever think of Montgomery Field or other San Diego airports for the future.  fisheye

FSS0439249

Archived