Friday Harbor colour scheme

Bert Pieke

I really like the Friday Harbor scenery, but I do not understand the choices in the colours for the landscape.

FTX Global and PNW have a unified colour palette that makes it all look seamless,

but here is one island that has pastel greens unlike any of the surrounding islands.

It is great for navigation.. I can find the island from miles away because it stands out

among half a dozen others... but it does nothing for the "as real as it gets factor"..

Why these choices?

I agree Bert. I wasn't going to mention it as the initial response to the scenery was WOW by most people. As soon as I installed it I thought the colours don't blend in well with the rest of PNW. A bit cartoonish compared with PNW but that is only my opinion and is based on a comparison with PNW textures.

Sorry but you are both wrong, go look at google map. With Friday Harbor your getting the whole island also of top quality, with Orccas and the surrounding other island your getting airport only with a bit of surrounding and the fat region quality.

It's like getting a mini region. It'S the tendency lately at ORBX to give you more then an airport.

Ben

I agree with the initial post that Friday Harbor does not match the San Juan area, including Orccas. For all of the described reasons, it's a bit off-color with the rest of the region.   But right now there is a bigger issue with OOM's making it un-flyable.  ;-(

-d 

2 hours ago, ftp2leta said:

Un - Flyable, don't think so, I'm uploading a video now in the video section

Ben

Ben,  You can post all the videos you want, but the issues of OOM are so numerous with this scenery, the Orbx team is now working on an update to address them.  And the yellow-green colors of Friday's does not match the rest of the region.  No one is saying it is not top quality, it's just buggy compared to other FTX offerings.  In order for me to fly it, I have to severely reduce my LOD and texture resolution settings unlike other FTX sceneries I fly.  VAS is quickly consumed around Friday Harbor and then.... poof!  OOM.  Therefore un-flyable.  

- d

2 minutes ago, dvj said:

Ben,  You can post all the videos you want, but the issues of OOM are so numerous with this scenery, the Orbx team is now working on an update to address them.  And the yellow-green colors of Friday's does not match the rest of the region.  No one is saying it is not top quality, it's just buggy compared to other FTX offerings.  In order for me to fly it, I have to severely reduce my LOD and texture resolution settings unlike other FTX sceneries I fly.  VAS is quickly consumed around Friday Harbor and then.... poof!  OOM.  Therefore un-flyable.  

- d

Yes I had OOM, mostly with heavy addon plane or heli, it would not even load with my Carenado EX HD 208... but it's not a good example. Carenado are known to be heavy.

But fine with some others. But wile in it, I never had a problem. Just saying. Me I'm fine with  the colors.

Ben 

Archived