FlyTampa Toronto and openLC NA

Aviara1985

Hey there,

When using FlyTampa Toronto with openLC I get ground texture morphing, I couldn't resolve it with the "terrain.cfg fix". I could however resolve it with disabling the FlyTampa Toronto LC. It doesn't appear to look any different than it should so I'm fine with having it disabled. But what I want to know is if it's normal and experienced all the way around or perhaps there is some fault somewhere that needs to be resolved to prevent other issues elsewhere.

And one more thing. I noticed some strange hills with the highway (Screenshot below), which seems to be bound to the FlyTampa Airport sceney (not the LC). Disabling the scenery makes it flat, enabling it you see what's seen on the screenshot. For this I just want the comformation if it's experienced with others or it's just me, in which case I'll consult FlyTampa.

Screenshot

Cheers,

The Fly Tampa Toronto scenery uses a lot of resources. It sounds like your computer is not keeping up with the scenery. I know that I usually run my scenery with all the sliders maxed out but with Toronto I have to go to Very Dense on the scenery complexity and Dense or Normal on the autogen to prevent OOM errors. It's worth it for the improvement in the Toronto Airport.

Larry

Well I actually got a lot of features switched off and am using LITETEX. I find it hard to believe that my PC (i7-4790k with GTX 970....) can't handle it. As mentioned turning off Toronto_LC solves the "morphing" texture issue as there does seem to be a conflict with openLC NA (at least on my end and I want to be sure if it's just me or others encounter this as well) and about the highway hills.... deactivating the toronto_mesh.bgl from the FlyTampa folder resolves the "highway hills". I won't rule it out, but that doesn't sound too much like a hardware problem. So I take it you don't encounter the same issues?

Actually , i´m having the same issues !  When i fly around Toronto, only with LC deactivated, otherwise i get these annoying texture morphing. I´m curious as well, if somebody comes up with a solution.

Lars

14 minutes ago, jlsaghaa said:

Hello

look at that thread : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102216-open-lc-na-fly-tampa-toronto/#comment-923276

i think it will give you the solution (msg N°8). It make the job for me.

Yeah that resolved the issue. My question was if I was the only one. If not then I don't have to worry about anything. My main concern was if I'm the only one that something might be faulty and corrupt and cause issues elsewhere. But since it appears this "issue" is experienced all the way around I can continue adding more sceneries with no concerns.

Btw, do you also see the strange looking "highway hills" seen on the screenshot? Again for the same reasons.... if it's just me there might be something wrong with the files. If it's not just me then I'll just "ignore" it as it's not such big of a deal or consult FlyTampa. "Deactivating" the toronto_mesh.bgl makes it flat (so it doesn't appear to be FTX related), but in turn causes other minor issues around the airport.

Well there appears to be some slight elevation variations 'along' the highway, but not that extreme as shown in the sim. There is however a slope at the highway's edge. So that is correct, but the slopes of the highway itself isn't that extreme.... at least not in Google Earth. Anyway since this is even experienced across different Sim Software (FSX and P3D) it makes me feel even easier as that surely indicates there is nothing corrupt with my files.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived