Athens city just not Athens city (Greece)

yorgosGK

Before I get into it, let me get one thing straight. I love the euLC product and I am certainly not tarnishing the great amount of work put in by the ORBX team.

As I have done in the passed, I would like to raise a flag with the LC of Greece (specifically the Attiki region).

I force myself to believe that there are no errors and just continue flying because of the awesome track record ORBX has; and that there is 0 chance of anything being wrong.

I fly into this region in real life many times a year and I'm very used to the look of what is below me.

Currently with this ORBX solution, I do not get the real Athens look & feel.

Athens buildings are all white/yellowish from above. This type of grey and colorful autogen is literally nowhere to be found.

Please look at some comparison shots I took from my P3D v3 flight vs my RW video I took (up until 3:05).

Real World (its like this year round):

Screenshot_1.png

rw2.png

rw1.png

My Sim:

Screenshot_2.png

dBb8LhZ.jpg

For me I would expect my Global/Vector/euLC/FTX Edition mesh would make the region look pretty bang on (of course not a VFR solution, but an acceptable feel). It feels like it wasn't really all that worked on like other European cities.

Is this product finished where it stands currently? Does the euLC product line still have room for improvement after 1.35?

I (& several others in my simming circle) just want Athens city, to look like Athens city. For me right now it is just not there. Maybe for others it is...

Thanks for reading this guys. Appreciate to hear your comments on if this is even possible to be updated at this point.

Cheers! 

I think the major problem is that each european country has its own building style, very different from a common standard. A landclass product can't fill all these differences because it's based on a palette of textures that the simulator is forced, in this case, to use for a certain area. You can have a feeling, when the buildings looks like, i would say, to normal buildings, and even about this with FTX global a lot has been done respect to the look using standard (default) textures. Europe is too varied to be treated like you wished using a single product only.

But who knows, it's possible that you created a point that will be analized.

On 12/13/2015 at 6:51 AM, Maurizio Giorgi said:

But who knows, it's possible that you created a point that will be analized.

Ill take that as a huge win right now and hope that it is updated in a future release... loll thank you for your time and input Maurizio! I really appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

I think the new scenery technology that ORBX is about to deploy, i.e. the ability to have single landclass lookup table and autogen files and the ability to expand them instead of having to switch in and out custom files based on the area you want to fly in, will make it a lot easier to have more diverse and realistic textures and autogen for all areas of the world.

The question is: how detailed does ORBX wish to make continent-sized scenery areas like the openLC packages?  I'm actually pretty impressed with what has been provided with openLC considering the size of the coverage area.  However, I also agree with you that it would be nice to have more realistic autogen for Greece.

Hopefully, the developers will add this in a future update.

Archived